PDA

View Full Version : Chest flutters?

netminder1976
09-10-16, 16:57
Lately I have been getting these little chest flutters to where it's a quick flutter in my chest and then it makes me feel like I lost my breath for a second or my stomach dropped. My question is are this just normal palpitations. I've been to the doctors about 6 months ago and had blood drawn and an ekg but everything was normal. I am constantly concentrating on my heart and heart rate and blood pressure. Overall my blood pressure averages about 110/70 and pulse at rest is usually about 55 sometimes in the high 40's for awhile in the evening. I notice these sensations more so in the morning when laying in bed and being really anxious. If they happen when I'm taking my blood pressure it causes the irregular heartbeat symbol to come and on which really makes me panic. Anyone have any insight or advice for me? Thanks, just tired of worrying myself to death.

Aaahhfreakout
13-10-16, 13:44
Flutters can be a single ectopic beat. I know from years of messing around with my own little pocket ECG. The theory is that the ectopic beat occurs when the heart valves are in a certain half-open position in their cycle that causes them to flutter. The drop and breath symptoms are also common with ectopics. It all sounds typical of ectopics. :)