PDA

View Full Version : Therapy is officially starting tomorrow.

mrjonesmcr
09-10-16, 17:31
Well, it's online therapy tomorrow. I use 7cups regularly and I got chatting to one person who is qualified therapist and she offered me a free therapy session tomorrow. It's not the long term solution, but I accepted it since my attempts to get therapy locally are currently proving to be frustrating due to lots of redtape and awkwardness.

But anyway, does therapy really help? does it really make things better? I'm prepared to work for it, I know it's a two way street, but I just worry that it wouldn't solve my problems, it'll just mask it.

sidiam
09-10-16, 20:54
Therapy helps alot of people.
I am having a really bad time at the moment never calm and peaceful.
I am going to try therapy again, Mindfulness is good but you have to stick at it and that is sometimes difficult.
I've never heard of 7cups but will look into it. These sites are often only used by young people but who knows I might find a wrinkly to "talk" to.
Enjoy your therapy tomorrow...
take care
Sxx

SLA
09-10-16, 21:48
Best of luck mate. Got to be worth a shot.

mrjonesmcr
11-10-16, 13:09
Best of luck mate. Got to be worth a shot.

Cheers! I had the session last night, it felt a bit underwhelming, I didn't come out feeling any better, but I suppose it's to be expected.

---------- Post added at 13:09 ---------- Previous post was at 13:06 ----------

Therapy helps alot of people.
I am having a really bad time at the moment never calm and peaceful.
I am going to try therapy again, Mindfulness is good but you have to stick at it and that is sometimes difficult.
I've never heard of 7cups but will look into it. These sites are often only used by young people but who knows I might find a wrinkly to "talk" to.
Enjoy your therapy tomorrow...
take care
Sxx

7cups is definitely very good and it's not young people exclusively, there's a wide range of ages on there.

I've tried Mindfulness myself, as you say you definitely have to stick to it, and that's quite hard for myself, I don't have a high attention span unfortunately.

skymaid
11-10-16, 14:24
I use 7cups too. the mindfulness exercises are great and the group chat can be a nice distraction

obviously with any area of life there can be some idiots/trolls on there too.

the listeners can be hit or misa.

never tried the therapy on there though. goodluck

mrjonesmcr
11-10-16, 15:21
I use 7cups too. the mindfulness exercises are great and the group chat can be a nice distraction

obviously with any area of life there can be some idiots/trolls on there too.

the listeners can be hit or misa.

never tried the therapy on there though. goodluck

Yeah, I've found a few really solid listeners who I speak to on a regular basis, but not all of them are the best on there, that is true. I've not tried the mindfulness exercises, I might give them a go.

Thank you, it wasn't therapy as such though, just a listener who is a qualified therapist offering me a free session. Actual therapy on there costs over £100 a month which is way out of my price range.

mrjonesmcr
18-10-16, 20:19
Tomorrow I have a 'wellbeing' appointment.

My cynicism is much the same as therapy, but I'm willing to be proven wrong.

skymaid
18-10-16, 20:38
therapy only really gives you the tools to help yourself. they can't fix you like a surgeon.

first sessions are usually just fact finding and getting to know you.

personally I found online therapy with Betterhelp pretty poor not personnalised enough compared to face to face. im sure theres some good online therapy around though.