PDA

View Full Version : Feeling off

Aimee1875
09-10-16, 22:26
Today I got a new kitten. He's absolutely adorable. Our beloved dog of 13 years died in January and we've never really been petless,having cats before him even though I was too young to remember. I'm feeling so tired and groggy,feeling sick and spaced out slightly. I'm so tired. I'm not sure if it's because I've been up early or what. Earlier I got really overwhelmed and had the urge to cry and feeling generally upset and I'm scared the kitten won't settle tonight and I will be up most of it. He's an excellent sleeper so far,has been asleep on me many times and we have a large cage for a dog which he'll be in during the night so he's safe and unable to harm himself (I know some people won't agree but many nooks and crannies in my house and he's so small and it's only till he gets use to the house) anyway for a few days I've been feeling like this and not sure if it's anxiety as I've been so stressed with constantly working for a week straight combined with school. I'm happy however feeling awful at the same time

SLA
09-10-16, 22:28
Tiredness breeds anxiety, and anxiety breeds tiredness.

Give yourself plenty of rest, and do not compound your issue by getting anxious about your tiredness!

Sleep well, the kitten will take care of itself, and will let you now when its not happy!

Aimee1875
10-10-16, 00:22
I know I shouldn't really be worrying about the kitten when he seems to be settling well. I'm just so tired all the time but I'm sure it's the new job and it's making me feel spaced and ill:( just don't want to panic over nothing

---------- Post added at 23:55 ---------- Previous post was at 22:57 ----------

He just dug one little claw into my chest which didn't bleed but has left a little bump. He's not had jags yet (next week) but what if he's gave me something:(

---------- Post added 10-10-16 at 00:22 ---------- Previous post was 09-10-16 at 23:55 ----------

Oh no just read about a man who got septicaemia from a cat scratch and got an infection in his aortic valve. Then I read that kittens are most likely to transfer something. I feel so sick and shaking right now in my bed I dunno what to do I can't calm down