PDA

View Full Version : Ear infection. Just finished antibiotics ear still feels muffled

anyexit
10-10-16, 18:57
Hello

I have just finished a 7 day course of amoxil for a ear infection and I am feeling better in myself but my ear still feels a little muffled when I talk. I can hear from it reasonably well it just feels a little muffled. Is this normal? Does it take longer for a ear infection to fully clear up after you have finished antibiotics or will I need to talk to my GP again?

Thanks al in advance :)

Beckybecks
10-10-16, 19:41
I'd suggest you give it some more time. If you're feeling better in yourself it means the antibiotics have done their work and cleared the infection.

Fishmanpa
10-10-16, 20:09
I'd suggest you give it some more time. If you're feeling better in yourself it means the antibiotics have done their work and cleared the infection.

Agreed. The antibiotics are still at work and you may need a few more days for things to resolve. Give it a good week or so and if you're still experiencing issues, contact your doctor again.

Positive thoughts

Pepperpot
10-10-16, 21:09
I always have ear infections. Give it few days, if it hasn't cleared up then go back. It may be you need another short course of tablets, or your ears may be blocked and need syringed

anyexit
10-10-16, 21:12
Thank you all for your reply.

My ears are not blocked with wax as I had used both bicarb ear drops and otex ear drops and they where coming out of the ear clear with no sign of wax and this was before I was on the antibiotics.