PDA

View Full Version : This is me

Michelk
10-10-16, 18:59
So ....
I am 36 I have lived with anxiety all of my life, well as long as I can remember it hasn't been easy but am still here.
In recent years I was in a toxic relationship with an addict (I didn't know drugs were an issue u till it was too late) anyway he pretty much just used and abused me, but I managed to get out and am on the other side, since then I have been looking at my life and just trying to be happy something I haven't been in a long time. I am lonley which makes me anxious but am okay with my dog and he is my motivation most days.
Anyway since I have been trying to look after myself I have noticed how at my work I have let them walk all over me, I work extra hours every day as I don't feel like I have a choice, my boss is constantly on my back and I can't do anything right in his eyes. My therapist says he is just a bully and I should stand up to him, I have tried but he just tells me I'm too sensitive and it's my anxiety that's the issue, is isn't!! It's the way he treats me :(
Anyway I have started looking for another job but it makes me nervous thinking about starting again, and I'm not getting the interviews I want, I haven't been offered any at the moment, I just need out and to start fresh, despite the anxiety I know the current environment I am in is not health for me.
I need some help being and keeping positive so I can move on as fast as possible

venusbluejeans
10-10-16, 19:08
Hiya Michelk and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

SLA
10-10-16, 19:16
Hi MichelK,

You've come to a good place to get started. It's never too late to turn your life around and to become the person you want to be.

Have you ever studied any self-help/improvement before?

I can highly recommend someone like Tony Robbins.

If you want to chat sometime drop me a line. I know what it is like wanting to go in a completely different direction. I've struggled with anxiety too, but with time, patience and persistence, you will get there.

Michelk
10-10-16, 23:24
Thanks for the positive siggestions, I have been reading lots of Louise Hay and doing positive affirmations, it's helping but feel like I'm a little impatient now I know I need to make some changes xx