PDA

View Full Version : Had colonoscopy today

paranoid-viking
10-10-16, 22:18
The fear of colon cancer was what started my downward spiral back in June. I had almost all the symptoms or so I thought. Today I finally had the apointement for colonoscopy - it went smoothly. No polyps, no cancer - all clear.
Still; I have pretty much given up the fear of CC and after today it is eliminated as colonoscopy tests are acurate. But my fear is still pancreatic cancer; a murderous fear. I am so unsure how to deal with this fear and I am applying for profesional psychiatric help. I keep wonder if I had been painfree now if I have had a colonoscopy in June; that my present pain are caused by my anxiety. It is so hard to say.

chatty girl
11-10-16, 07:34
Hi, what symptoms did you have if you don't mind me asking?

Did your poo change colour? Xx

paranoid-viking
11-10-16, 10:51
Oh yeah the symptoms. I had most of the CC symptoms:
change in stool habits - alternating between constipation and idarreah
feeling of the colon not emptying properly after a BM
gas in colon
feeling of being bloated
stomach pain
ocasionally blood in faeces but not often

The only symptom I dod not have was weight lost and the blood and faeces samples came back fine.

Faeces change colors most time dont they? Mostly normal color but when you get diarreah they do tend to change somehow; like lighter than usually.

nomorepanic
11-10-16, 15:55
Sounds more like IBS to me

paranoid-viking
11-10-16, 19:22
I hope that inflamation short after eating, icing in stomach after water, discomfort on the sides and in the back up to the elbow are signs of that too.