PDA

View Full Version : acid reflux,one more time

peach
31-03-07, 10:28
hi everyone,
im so so sorry to be writing here about this yet again.
in all fairness, things have cleared up almost completely.
im still on meds (daily)as i still get acid burping a bit and although i dont feel a 'lump' anymore, my throat still feels a bit strained at times, like if i talk too much...and sometimes dry. i feel like it gets dry easily. im not thirsty, but i worry that im dehydrated, cause my throat is so easily dry. i do drink water every day, prob not the required amount, but is this dehydration or acid symptom- im trying not to google for now.

lastly, i feel unwell at times, i cant say sick because i seem to do everything i need to in the days. maybe more like unhealthy??? a bit out of breath, and slightly dizzy and sometimes a little nausious. is this part of acid reflux of the throat? - LPRD? or anxiety? or what?
im really trying to leave my doc alone for now, and am again worrying as to why my symptoms still havent completely gone- its been ages!! like 3 months on meds...?!?!
pls, last time, i almost promise...i dont know what id do without this site.
any help would be great...ive been crying way too much over this.

Phill2
31-03-07, 10:35
I get acid reflux and have been taking Ranitide daily for ages for it.
I also get the dry mouth,breathlessness,dizzyness etc from Anxiety.
I don't think you have anything to worry about.
Phill

nell1965
31-03-07, 10:46
Peach
i know that we are all anxiety sufferers on here and most of the time our symptoms are all caused by anxiety,that said however it doesnt always mean that they are and there are diseases and conditions out there that we are going to suffer from, and im not talking serious things here. There is a condition called gastro oesophageal reflux disease which millions of people in the world suffer from it is not serious but it is very uncomfortable and even painful at times. Im sure that your reflux is brought on by anxiety and will settle but it may be that you are just going to suffer fromit on and off like a lot of us on here and youare going to have to learn to accept it,treat it and try and ignore itas much as you can because you are only going to make it worse by worrying about it,did you not get any help from the web page i gave you?
i know how you feel and how youare worrying about itas i have been there but trust me the more you try and fight it the worse it will become.

Phill2
31-03-07, 10:54
The most important skill in staying calm
is not to lose sleep over small issues.
The second most important skill is to be
able to view all issues as small issues.

Or as David Lee Roth put it
Rule 1 Don't sweat the small stuff

Rule 2 It's all small stuff

Phill:winks:

peach
31-03-07, 11:48
hi,

thanks heaps for the assurance, it means so much to me. nell, i read everything on that website you gave me, and remember everything you advised to me b4. you helped me so much last time we spoke, your info was invaluble. i guess im just struggling through it all for now.

also, normally i dont think about it, but my gland under my jaw on my left side has been sore for months as well, when i put my head on my shoulder on that side, i cna feel it. i know that if this was only for a few weeks, then id ignore it, i have in fact, but now, im just wondering, do you think its associated to the reflux prob? its been permanently sore and a little inflamed since all this began.
im so sorry to be such a sook. i know i should be stronger about this. on the plus side, i have been seeing my doc on my own lately- a big thing for me.
my last year has just been riddled with illness and hardship. my partner keeps reminding me that these things happen to most ppl at some point in their lives. i just want it to stop.

thanks again for all your responses, i read and reread these comments a lot when im feeling fragile.

peach
31-03-07, 12:03
im sorry im such a pain in the ass at the moment.
and a pain in the neck for now...haha

neptuno
31-03-07, 14:00
Hello Peach !
This is a big problem for me too. You probably need to be taking meds a little while longer so that everything can completely calm down. In the meantime I find raising the bedhead at night helps (so long as you don't slide off the bottom of the bed !) Keep an eye on what you eat and drink - avoid spicy foods and caffeine in tea/coffe/colas and set aside some time to do some relaxation exercises. Be kind to yourself at least once a dy !

Shadowwin
31-03-07, 18:24
I have horrible terrible acid reflux.. as does my bf.. We have both suffered from it on a daily basis until recently when we changed or diet. Now neither of us take medication (he may take a tums if it gets really bad) but what really seems to help is eating smaller more frequent meals (I am on a diabetic diet and he pretty much follows my eating patterns so we can eat together) but on a diabetic diet you limit your carb/fat intake and usually end up eating 6 times a day. Since we started that I haven't had reflux once.. and I used to have it every night all night to the point I had to pile up the pillows and sleep sitting up.. Just relax.. I know it is scary, I know it's hard to deal with something you really can't predict but you'll be fine. *hugs*

nell1965
31-03-07, 19:49
Peach
you are not a pain,i guess i feel so frustrated for you as i know how it feels to be going through this mental torture,hang on in there you can beat this. I too have had bother with a sore throat and into my glands on my right side, and we do sometimes get periods in our life when we get one thing after another this too is normal, but our bodies are wonderful things and can take so much and still bounce back im not sure if you are on medication or are recieving therapy maybe you could let me know to make it easier for me and the others onhere to try and help you.
you can and will beat this.

peach
31-03-07, 22:05
hi,

thanks for all your responses.
nell, your right. im not in pain (anymore, thats one thing that has calmed down). im on one a day peridot tablets and have started taking renni afer meals,just one after every meal.i dont lie down for 3 hours after food and am trying to eat like 6 small meals a day. im not really watching what im eating at the moment (easter and my birthday) but i have started at a gym. ive been taking it slow cause i was so dizzy the first 3 months i went. now i go 3 times a week and walk for 25 mins, then bike for 15. so i am fighting it all. i have ibs also, so the gym is for both these things.

your all right about the food tho, im sure of it.so this will be my next attempt.i hardly drink fizzy drinks and im trying to stay away from the greasy food (ibs)..
some of you have mentioned that this is relatated, i beleive now that all my problems are related.(except the dizzyness, still not sure where that has come from)

im not on any other medication. my doc did give me xanax which i carry around with me all the time, but i have not taken one yet.
if i get bad i use rescue remedy. as bad as i am now, i havent had a panic attack in 12 months.ive claimed this year my year of health so im really tryingn to do it as naturally as possible.but of course i will try anything...i do hammer all your comments in my head, i guess i kinda fall off every 2 months.i will totally absolutly try to be more realistic and functional about it this time.

dlou84
17-08-07, 12:20
also, normally i dont think about it, but my gland under my jaw on my left side has been sore for months as well, when i put my head on my shoulder on that side, i cna feel it. i know that if this was only for a few weeks, then id ignore it, i have in fact, but now, im just wondering, do you think its associated to the reflux prob? its been permanently sore and a little inflamed since all this began.

I HAVE EXACTLY THIS! EXACTLY THE SAME.. Being treated for A/R

Was thinking the same as you.. on the left aswell.. weird

bearcrazy
17-08-07, 20:38
I get acid reflux especially at night. I take losec but am having to take gaviscon more n more recently, I think its due to the tapering of diazepam programm ethat i am on, but sometimes its sooo scary cos I cant breathe.