PDA

View Full Version : Scared

Xleanne92X
11-10-16, 21:46
HELLO IM 24 had the flu not so long ago and then a migraine and from then I've been going down hill panic attacks gallore keep thinkibgbi have meningitis a bleed on the brain because i feel sick dizzy and cold hands neck and feet but i went doctors today who put me on propanolol but im scared to take i cant relax my neck and shoulders are constantly tensed and its scaring me I've had 3 panic attacks already :( please help xxx

SLA
11-10-16, 21:57
Hi Leanne

When you have the flu, your brain heightens its awareness of threats, because it perceives itself as vulnerable. This often leads to increased anxiety in people already susceptible to it.

Your health anxiety has taken the brunt of this stress, and you have gone down the road of worrying about anything and everything.

You've seen the Doctor which is good. Propanalol will help with the panic attacks.

What you need to do now is focus 100% on recovering fully, and your anxiety will subside.

If you continue to have a lot of stress, then it will only make the flu symptoms worse, and therefore increase anxiety even further!!

Time to break the cycle. Get lots of rest, and do lots of activities to occupy your mind, so you can have a break from worrying.

Good luck!

Xleanne92X
11-10-16, 22:11
Thank you! But my flu went well was still a bit sniffy and then got a migraine and now im just having all sorts thinking the worst so how come im feeling cold everywhere and my neck is like tensed and cold :( im worried sick i am all I've done is cry for days xxxxx

---------- Post added at 22:11 ---------- Previous post was at 22:08 ----------

Im also really dizzy :( im really scared xxx

Sefton
11-10-16, 23:28
Hi Leanne.
I honestly know how you are feeling right now. I've been there believe me. Five weeks ago I was having multiple daily panic attacks linked to my HA. The fear was physically crippling but it has got better. You having the flu has knocked the stuffing out of you physically and mentally. Anxiety always gets its tightest grip when we are at our lowest. Be strong, you're not alone xx

jessicaf1323
12-10-16, 01:21
I had meningitis when I was 19. I literally felt like I was dying! I don't think you have that. I'm sure your body is still recovering from the flu you had. Hang in there hun. I worry daily so I know how you are feeling.

Xleanne92X
12-10-16, 11:06
Im just so scared!!! Im dizzy feel sick I dunno if I feel ill still or not my neck aches I dunno if that's from me tensing up!! :( upsets me I'm on my own today boyfriends at work!! Im scared please help me I don't wanna die!!!!

SLA
12-10-16, 11:10
How can we help?

Xleanne92X
12-10-16, 11:24
I just wanna know all that I'm feeling is normal for anxiety and nothing is wrong with me etc :( xxx

SLA
12-10-16, 11:32
We already did. :winks:

:hugs:

The propanalol will help with the panic attacks. So take it. It suppresses the bodies uptake of adrenalin, so you will feel less stressed.

When you feel less stressed, you need to focus on relaxing for small periods.

Start small. Nothing we can say will change how you feel. It can point you in the right direction, but you must choose to take steps to resolve your issues.

Xleanne92X
12-10-16, 11:36
its just the dizzyness and eyes feeling weird like strained :( and heavy!! That's really scaring me! I need it to go :( like I'm so tensed up its unreal and can't seem to shift it also gotta headache still :( xx

SLA
12-10-16, 11:53
Are you eating well? Getting enough good food an nutrients?

axolotl
12-10-16, 11:54
I've also had meningitis (coincidentally at the same age as Jessica) and you would seriously know about it. Also it's an illness that strikes quickly and fiercely - if you've been worrying about something for days on end, it's not meningitis.

More importantly a doctor would spot it, or other things you're worrying about. Trust their judgement.

jessicaf1323
13-10-16, 02:01
You would definitely know if you had meningitis. When I had it it started off with neck pain that got so bad I ended up leaving work. Went home and had a temp. I literally threw up for 9 hours straight. So much so that I had no energy to go back to bed I just passed out on the bathroom floor. You literally feel like you're dying! Hang in there hun. We are all going through the same worries as you. I'm waiting to hear back on an ultrasound I had done today and have been going crazy all week.

Xleanne92X
13-10-16, 14:39
Im just so dizzy TODAY Ive been up town with my mother in law was that scared I cried doctor said it's vertigo whats came from my migrain im just so scared last night I was ok untill I had pains thought it was heart attack! Im just scared of being dizzy I hate it I only have neck pain when Ive been tensed plus it's been about a week now and I ain't dead that's all I keep thinking but jut scared feeling :( how can I get rid of dizzyness xxxx