PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety creeping in over this, doctors app or ride it out?

KatiePink
11-10-16, 23:29
Not sure if this should be in the female health issues part but I figured that's for the downstairs region(move if I'm wrong)

For the last maybe two weeks I've been getting a sort of stabbing pain in my right breast, it feels though it's around the nipple area, it comes and goes within seconds, also if my arm brushes across that nipple sometimes I get pain.
It's not linked to my cycle because it's the wrong time, I get breast tenderness a few days before usually and that's it.

I've had a good feel and can't find any lumps/bumps but the pain keeps coming, is it something I should see a GP for or is it not enough to bother?

At first I was doing okay with it, but as it's continued I've started on the old "what if it's this" and we know where that leads!

brucealmighty
11-10-16, 23:40
Id see your doc anyway but my wife had this a few months back she said it felt like she`d pulled something and it could come from exertion, or sitting fairly still so she was very concerned

she went for a mammogram in the end and it was nothing at all and was put down to a soft tissue injury from memory, certainly soft tissue something. and although she doesn`t suffer from any form of anxiety once she knew it wasn`t sinister the pain didn`t appear again

so do get checked out but chances are you`ll be absolutely fine

dale12345
11-10-16, 23:47
I had the same thing last March, its what started my health anxiety. Went in for Mammogram was nothing. Breast pain rarely means breast cancer, I know your scared but just go in if just to ease your mind.:hugs:

KatiePink
12-10-16, 00:12
Thank you both that's made me feel better. It's just something I've never experienced and as it's just the one that is painful it triggered my anxiety, but yes I'm sure it's all okay, I think I will give it a few days more and if it's still here book an appointment x

KatiePink
13-10-16, 20:22
Still getting the pains and it's a feels a lot fuller than the other breast.

I've been having slight waves of nausea and weeing a lot, I'm considering that either my hormones are up the wall for some reason or I'm pregnant. Don't understand why it's just one breast though :huh: :weep:

dale12345
13-10-16, 23:26
I had that in one breast only, maybe take a test and see if your pregnant.

KatiePink
13-10-16, 23:36
I had that in one breast only, maybe take a test and see if your pregnant.

Not even missed a period yet so doubt I'd get a positive anyway, it's probably not that but something definitely feels different. I'll have to wait and see which is not my strong point lol

ServerError
13-10-16, 23:43
There's nothing wrong with going to the doctor if something doesn't seem right. When I got my skin lesion checked out, it was worthwhile and I wasn't wasting anybody's time. Although it later transpired to be nothing, and it wasn't actually new, it was new to me and it looked strange.

I doubt you have anything to be worried about, but I think you could be forgiven for getting it checked out. Just may twopennies' worth. I'm very much not an expert on breasts. Willing to learn, though.

KatiePink
13-10-16, 23:48
There's nothing wrong with going to the doctor if something doesn't seem right. When I got my skin lesion checked out, it was worthwhile and I wasn't wasting anybody's time. Although it later transpired to be nothing, and it wasn't actually new, it was new to me and it looked strange.

I doubt you have anything to be worried about, but I think you could be forgiven for getting it checked out. Just may twopennies' worth. I'm very much not an expert on breasts. Willing to learn, though.

Yeah I know what you mean, will be next week now but I'll definitely be booking an appointment, they'll be thrilled to see me anyway it's been a while lol.

I'm very much not an expert on breasts. Willing to learn, though

:roflmao:

dale12345
13-10-16, 23:52
Not even missed a period yet so doubt I'd get a positive anyway, it's probably not that but something definitely feels different. I'll have to wait and see which is not my strong point lol

I am the same way, I freak!

---------- Post added at 22:52 ---------- Previous post was at 22:50 ----------

lol

Beachlady
14-10-16, 00:22
It’s a common problem, apparently.

I get it a lot, and I’m post-menopausal!

ServerError
14-10-16, 00:27

Are you referring to KatiePink's symptoms, or my lack of breast expertise?

Oh, okay. Forget I asked.

KatiePink
14-10-16, 00:36
:roflmao:

---------- Post added at 00:36 ---------- Previous post was at 00:36 ----------

That's good to hear! Thanks

Primula
14-10-16, 09:10
I've had it too Katie. Once I started focusing on it I could feel all sorts. It felt hot and bigger but in reality I think it was my selective attention. I did go to the doc, she checked me out said i was ok and hey presto all the symptoms disappeared. Bloody HA.

KatiePink
14-10-16, 09:11
I've had it too Katie. Once I started focusing on it I could feel all sorts. It felt hot and bigger but in reality I think it was my selective attention. I did go to the doc, she checked me out said i was ok and hey presto all the symptoms disappeared. Bloody HA.

Very true I know I'm paying it too much attention really, going to enjoy my weekend without thinking about it see how I feel monday. Thanks :D

Beachlady
17-10-16, 05:41
Are you referring to KatiePink's symptoms, or my lack of breast expertise?

Oh, okay. Forget I asked.

this made me chuckle :D

Shazamataz
17-10-16, 06:54
I had similar over a few months on and off. I was too nervous to have a feel for anything but went to the GP who checked me out and sent me for a mammogram just in case. I was coming up 44 so heading into the 'danger zone'. Anyway, all clear. We put it down to a muscular issue as I have trouble on that same side around my shoulder blade and neck. Haven't had it for ages now but it was very painful and alarming.

I've also been told breast cancer does not hurt.

xx