PDA

View Full Version : safe to leave gauze bandage on overnight after blood draw?

Rcs887
12-10-16, 00:25
Hi,

So I got blood work done and it went very smoothly I barely felt the prick no pain and very minimal bruising. However, since i do not have bandaids at the moment i just left the gauze/medica tape bandage on overnight (in crease of elbow). I woke up with my arm bent, so the bandage was quite tight on my arm even tho it wasnt wrapped all around my arm, the position of my arm created the pressure. Also the gauze was stiff and squeezed in between my elbow crease, digging im rather painfully. And now my arm is sore, very similar to muscle soreness. The ache isnt at the prick site, but in my forearm area radiating all the way to my shoulder. I am a bit of a hypchondriac so I am worried the bandage may have had a torniquet effect and i might have a dvt (blood clot)in my arm. Some people report soreness after a draw and I have sometimes felt soreness at the prick site if it was a difficult draw..however I have never felt pain all throughout my arm and this was the smoothest draw i have wver expwrienced. This only happened a couple days ago so I'm not going to really worry unless the pain persists...but in the meantime it would really help put my mind at ease if some of you could tell me that you have left the original bandages on overnight with no issues? Thank u so much!

Rcs887
12-10-16, 00:30
Hi,

So I got blood work done and it went very smoothly I barely felt the prick no pain and very minimal bruising. However, since i do not have bandaids at the moment i just left the gauze/medica tape bandage on overnight (in crease of elbow). I woke up with my arm bent, so the bandage was quite tight on my arm even tho it wasnt wrapped all around my arm, the position of my arm created the pressure. Also the gauze was stiff and squeezed in between my elbow crease, digging in rather painfully. And now my arm is sore, very similar to muscle soreness. The ache isnt at the prick site, but in my forearm area radiating all the way to my shoulder. I am a bit of a hypchondriac so I am worried the bandage may have had a torniquet effect and i might have a dvt (blood clot)in my arm. Some people report soreness after a draw and I have sometimes felt soreness at the prick site if it was a difficult draw..however I have never felt pain all throughout my arm and this was the smoothest draw i have wver expwrienced. This only happened a couple days ago so I'm not going to really worry unless the pain persists...but in the meantime it would really help put my mind at ease if some of you could tell me that you have left the original bandages on overnight with no issues? Thank u so much!

Fishmanpa
12-10-16, 00:40
No issues(.) period... And I've had more blood work than a dozen or more of anyone here combined!

Positive thoughts

Sam Winter
12-10-16, 13:34
Did you get the medical tape and cotton wool? i have left it on over night quite often and have been fine, i frequently get an ache that's why i get it from my hand now. i'd leave it for a few more days and if not you can up to your docs but i wouldn't worry too much x

nomorepanic
13-10-16, 12:20
I will merge your posts together as you posted it twice