PDA

View Full Version : Thyroid Problems?

Leafers
12-10-16, 06:02
Lately I've been feeling very odd in my thyroid area, I know for sure it's not cancer, least thats what I'm telling myself so hopefully I can keep it that way. Sometimes it hurts, trouble swallowing and all of that. But I put so much pressure on it, tried picking it up a bunch and played with it, it's become an unconscious habit, to the point where I have a bruise on my neck. I'm not asking for anyone to diagnose me, but can this cause thyroid problems??? Should I stop? I'm not worried about any glands anymore since I have stopped poking them they have shrunken, but now I've moved onto messing with something else and it's turned into a bad habit, I swear Fish was right I need to go to the vet and get a elizabethan collar, cause I keep finding new things to poke and then later worry about.. :wacko: Guess pokings become my way of staying away from smoking.

Shazamataz
12-10-16, 06:15
You could have a nodule on your thyroid and they can cause swallowing issues. How do you feel otherwise? If your thyroid was overactive because of it you'd probably know and feel pretty dreadful.

I've just recently been treated for this. It was only found by accident a few years back when I got a scan for something else.

In fact I found it 20 years ago and only recently needed it dealt with.

Stop poking and if it stays sore, see the GP?

Leafers
12-10-16, 06:49
I only have trouble swallowing when I irritate it, haven't poked at all today and it doesn't feel sore nore looking bruised, swallowing fine. I just don't want to end up causing something much worse than needed, then again I have not much knowledge of medical things. I'll see my GP anyway.

Shazamataz
12-10-16, 07:04
I don't think you can cause a thyroid problem by poking at it. Sorry, I thought you were poking at it because it hurt and there was a lump?

Leafers
12-10-16, 07:05
No lumps at all, I don't know why I've been poking it.. :blush:

Shazamataz
12-10-16, 07:14
STOP poking!!! :doh:

Leafers
12-10-16, 07:20
Exactly what my doctor said to me! poking beats smoking but I'll just keep working on trying not to do both. I'll leave tomorrows problems for tomorrows me. :D Thanks for the responses though, I feel pretty stupid, 15 years old is too young to be dwelling in health thoughts. But I'll try my best to stop poking and hopefully not move onto anther gland to poke.

Shazamataz
12-10-16, 08:29
Poking is certainly better than smoking! Yes 15 is too young to be worrying about such things :(