PDA

View Full Version : And iam back again

Momaof2
12-10-16, 09:59
Hello iam writting here looking for reassurance that iam not going crazy...these past month have been very very stressful ( non related to HA) and when I'd thought that everything was getting back to normal it's hitting me again.... I don't know how but have some clues I've hurt my neck... now i know and recall hurting myself but I still have fears.
The pain started on the bony part of the skull to my ear and used to give me the most vicious temple headaches..I say vicious because it's not an obvious "can't take it " headaches but it feels like a pressure and now the pain is all over my neck... at first I would wake up in pain which now thankfully has subsided but it's as if my body remenberr to wake up every night at the same time waiting for pain to come and gives me horrendous panic attacks...
I also still carry and cater for my two babies on a daily basis but not without pain at times ( like bending to pick something up ) it hurts and scare me but I also have times where iam fine ( usually when talking or moving around the house)
It's getting me down ( not to the point of being depressed)and having problems with my family in law doesn't help I just want to get rid of all the negativity but don't know where to start..
I don't know if I need reassurance that iam okay..if I need to vent or just know what is wrong with me and just want a good moan... sorry iam just so frustrated with everything at the moment

escapeartist
12-10-16, 10:29
It sounds like you are having a tough time (two little ones, family-in-law trouble) and that's just making you have all sorts of symptoms. I have the same whenever things get tough (currently having a tingling and pain inmy foot that I am convinced is the start of MS).

Do you have anyone that can help you in RL? That can give you some tome and space away from the little ones, or come help you look after them? Looking after young kids is relentless, and when you're not 100% can be even harder - I have a 3 year old and a 20 month old and feel your pain!

If your headaches continue for over a week, or don't go away with OTC painkiller I guess you should go see your doctor, to be sure, but in the meantime ask for help. I hope you feel better soon!

Momaof2
12-10-16, 10:53
The headaches have gone down but to be honest I wasn't taking any pain killers it got better when I started doing some exercises ... unfortunately nobody from my family lives around us and I no longer talk with my in laws ( including sister in law etc)
I do feel your pain too ..it feels as if whenever something happens in my life the following weeks or months I get some mysterious pain :( so it's a never ending problem really... I had cbt last year and was feeling quite confident in myself but omg I never thought I was this sensitive everything started after my little one was born

---------- Post added at 10:53 ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 ----------

I forgot to mention.. for me going back and forth to the doctor made things worse unfortunately and I only got better when I started challenging my thoughts and kept busy... but try to do that when you have ongoing problems

Momaof2
13-10-16, 10:23
I would love to hear other 'people experience with head pain/nexk pain

Sam Winter
13-10-16, 10:56
Hi there Momaof2! x.
I had a similar experience at a camp this summer I fell over on the grass and smashed my head and knee pretty hard, one of the French boys picked me up and sat me down on the grass until he knew I was okay(embarrassing much :roflmao: ) two days later my head still killed and my neck took a lot of the whiplash. I went to the Drs and he said it was okay if anything I was mildly concussed and just had to take it easy. for the next two weeks my head still killed like a hunter and I started to panic, three weeks on I was then convinced I was going to die but, I never did. I still get headaches but I'm very much alive. it can be scary but if we get medical advice its good to trust in it because if we didn't what else do we have :) x

Momaof2
13-10-16, 16:53
Thank you Sam winter :) yes I will try not to panic it's whenever it goes into spasm ( ie after picking up my daughter) that I go into panic unfortunately.. or when iam having a stressful day .Anxiety really do crazy things to us:wacko:

StrangeQuark
13-10-16, 23:19
Hi Moma, I'm sorry to hear you're going through a stressful time at the moment.

To reassure you about the headaches: I get these too. They're one of my most common and long-running anxiety symptoms (must be around 5 years since I had the first one). I get pain right at the top of my spine/base of my neck and running up into the back of my head. Everything feels really tight and throbs along with my pulse. Not fun!

It's ridiculous how much worse anxiety can make things seem. I don't think your headaches and neck pain are anything sinister but I do think it's something to focus all the general stress you're feeling on. Sometimes having a good moan to sympathetic ears can help! Look after yourself, I hope you feel better both physically and mentally soon.

Momaof2
15-10-16, 15:39
Thank you for the support I totally agree anxiety makes it 100 times worse ... just when my neck was getting better I once again slept wrong and totally panicked ran downstairs eyes half closed I started crying:D yeah iam laughing about it now but I was in total panic :weep: .I think that I really need to deal with my issues and stop being a control freak for once because I Cannot control everything :wacko: thank you for the well wishes:hugs: