PDA

View Full Version : Pls help

katyfitz
12-10-16, 17:14
So my anxiety is at its peak right now and I'm strugglinrbg everyday.
Before I go to bed I seem to find comfort in googling every single feeling in my body to try and find out what it is and when I wake up I feel all around to see if I can still feel the lumps or bumps or any of the sensations I felt before sleeping.

I am constantly thinking I have cancer and have no idea what to do about it.

I'm scared of blood tests so don't want to ask for one cause of pain a and outcome.

Scared of being told I only have months to live. How can I tell my family etc?

I had bad stomach with diarreah over weekend and now seem to be constipated. Both are very common symptoms of ovarian cancer which I'm afraid of it being.

Is this normal and can anyone relate?

Sam Winter
12-10-16, 17:41
Hi there Katy! x.
i can sympathize as i was in a similar position once, as far as the bad stomach i think it's just ibs or stress. have you gotten any professional help for your anxiety? as it sounds really bad, also try and wean down on the googling it's really bad x

jessicaf1323
13-10-16, 02:03
I can relate 100%! My biggest fear in life is dying and leaving my daughter at a young age. I worry about every single little pain, twinge, ache etc. It's not the life I want to live and I am trying to find ways to cope. I recently found this site and like seeing that I am not alone in my worry.

Sefton
13-10-16, 18:57
I've had the worst three months of my life.

I can relate absolutely to the fear.

I over analyse every feeling in my body and always come to the conclusion that I must have cancer. I examine my body at every opportunity and freak out over things and feelings I've had for years that have never before caused me a moments worry.

I don't believe what the doctor says. I don't believe that anxiety alone can make me feel so shitty and cause the physical symptoms I experience daily. How can a mental health illness manifest into physical pain?

I'm taking the prescribed meds, I'm attending the counselling, I'm being checked regularly by my GP. I've stopped smoking, I eat healthily and exercise regularly. I'm doing everything I'm being advised to do but I still feel consumed by the fear that there is physically something very wrong with me.

Fishmanpa
13-10-16, 19:08
I had bad stomach with diarreah over weekend and now seem to be constipated. Both are very common symptoms of ovarian cancer which I'm afraid of it being.

Both are common symptoms of anxiety too ;) Honest question Katy... in your 10 years on the boards, have any of your worst fears been realized, and if so, what did you do about it?

Positive thoughts

brucealmighty
13-10-16, 19:09
Katy its very hard when you`re in a spin like you are but try to gently ease away from google or checking every symptom. I meditate and even now I might notice a pulse in my head, aches, pains, odd sensations, you name it and although I feel good and am able to function these days I still have times when my little voice will nudge me and say `thats a new one, what could that be?` and I have to really put my little techniques into practice or I`d also get very anxious.

breathing slowly and deeply is such a good thing, sounds easy but do a cycle that suits you like in for a count of 3, hold for 4, release for 5. or imagine breathing in confidence and breathing out fears. it takes a bit of practice but you`re breathing anyway so just be a little more aware of it.

google is very handy for crossword solutions and other things but anyone can post anything so I would try not to check all your symptoms, it does get easier I promise

good luck and start nice and gently with your breathing, less caffeine, more natural foods etc and it will all come together