PDA

View Full Version : Inguinal ligament groin

herbie73
12-10-16, 17:33
Hi all,

Sorry to bother everyone with this again, but I just need to know if anyone else has this? My groin ligament on one side is much more prominent than the other, it is more pronounced on !my right side it is like a long tube like structure I have it on the other side but not as big, I hope someone can help put my mind at rest because its bugging the life out of me.

Many thanks

Sherry xxx

---------- Post added at 17:33 ---------- Previous post was at 17:31 ----------

Also I am worried it is swollen lymph nodes, but I always thought they where in the crease of the thigh, and under the ligament xxx

ServerError
12-10-16, 17:35
I hope you'll allow me to ask you a few questions here.

Firstly, what are you worried about? You don't state (unless the thread title is a clue I'm missing). Your edit answered this one so I'll let you off.

Why are you monitoring the shape and characteristics of your groins? What is the aim here?

Why must you have symmetrical groins?

Who told you that our genes code for perfect symmetry and any signs of asymmetry are a medical worry?

I'm sure you get the point.

herbie73
12-10-16, 17:39
I'm not really sure what I am concerned about, just that there maybe a tumour underneath making it larger, I know it sound totally nuts but I can't stop checking, I have had a problem with symmetry before, different body parts not matching, I wish I could realise bodies are wonky, hopefully this will go like the others did.

Xx

ServerError
12-10-16, 17:44
Hopefully you know I wasn't mocking you. I just felt it was important you ask yourself these questions.

It's very very unlikely to be a tumour. I can tell you that my right groin muscle is much more prominent than my wholly inadequate left. I discovered this during a particular painful groin strain and thought it was due to swelling, but here we are, years later, and my groins don't match. I wish I had a girlfriend to confirm it for me...

But yeah, I'm sure you're fine.

herbie73
12-10-16, 19:34
Thank you for your reply, I'm really going to try to put this worry to the back of my mind, all the other worries I created eventually went away and I am still here.

Once again thank you

Xxx