PDA

View Full Version : Jaw, neck, shoulder pain. Help

SamJam1992
12-10-16, 17:39
I have lower jaw pain on the right side and my neck also hurts at the right side. Hurts to move or touch. In fact it hurts more to touch either of them. Took painkillers to no avail.
Can this be my anxiety ? I was super anxious since last night as I had a dental appointment this morning so was really worried. It's on the opposite side to where the dentist was looking so I know it's not that. Plus it was sore when I woke up this morning, the pain has just got worse as the day has progressed. Got my psychiatrist tomorrow morning but that doesn't help me from freaking out just now about the pain

Mr DJ
12-10-16, 18:13
Hi SamJam.

I suffer from anxiety and a sore neck is one of the symptoms that occurs frequently.
I occasionally have had jaw pain too.

Its possible that its because of tensing the muscles when anxious. The neck for me is where I feel my anxiety the most physically. The back of the neck mostly. So If I am anxious for a prolonged period of time my neck gets sore. Its an ache for me rather than a sharp pain. I think my jaw may be linked to this. It certainly is muscularly.

Feeling nervous about the dentist is very common. It is a perfectly normal reaction. Many people who have no other anxiety issues will get a wee bit of panic about it.
Dentists are getting better at dealing with people with anxiety or phobias.
They see it many times every day.

Try not to stress on it. (easier said than done I know)

Fingers crossed it goes well for you.
Try not to stress on it too much
Any questions just ask away. (I meant me but ask the dentist too LOL)