PDA

View Full Version : am I going mad?

ItWillPass
14-10-04, 22:35
So... Today I have jsut been feeling SO out of it... I cant explain... I feel like I am about to go insane... I have been going about my day okay... but I just feel so weird. I am kinda hearing voices! I mean its not like anyone is "talking" to me... but its just a lot of chaos in my head today. Igot a terrible nights sleep last night, could that be it? I dozed off this afternoon, and was woken abruptly by my son crying... now i am jsut SO out of it... ahhh. am I nuts?

seh1980
14-10-04, 23:25
hello heidi,

No, you are not going mad!! I have felt like that many times before on really bad days. If you didn't sleep very well, then that could have caused it. When my head is a mess, I often feel like I hear voices as well and I have thought I was going mad at times but don't worry - I'm sure it's just anxiety getting the better of you!!

Sarah :D

minny
15-10-04, 09:47
Hi Heidi!

Nope youre definately not nuts! If you are then I must be too! I often feel the way you described especially if Ive suffered lack of sleep! I often feel I can cope with anything thats thrown my way as long as Ive had 6-8 hours of quality sleep.
Chaos in your head is exactly as I would describe it too. You just cant function or make sense of anything.

You need to take time out and pamper yourself. Find a way to relax that suits you. When my head is full of chaos I sometimes just lie in a darkened room and try and empty my mind. Easier said than done when youve got children but on the rare occaisions Ive done this, it has worked!

Good luck!

Love Minny..xx

jill
15-10-04, 14:34
Hi Heidi,

NO, you are not going mad.
I got this symptom on holiday in spain,
at that time I did not know what was wrong
with me. [ did not know I was having PA]
All I new at that time I was going mad, I
could see the people in the white coats
coming to take me away. I have never
been so scared in all my life.
Now I know better. Without the support of all
the special people on this site I would not be
where I am today,
I am one of there succsess stories,
I found out that lack of sleep was one
of my triggers and also not eating the correct food.
also I had to many negative thoughts.
I have not had a PA for a long time now but somtimes
he may come into my room at night or during the day
he might try and supprise me, but what I have learnd
is that he can not harm me, if I do not fear him he will
go away. The only way Mr Panic can survive is on our
fear, so we have to change the way we think when
he is around.
With alot of hard work support and time you will learn
not to fear him, then he will not visit you so much.

Wishing you well

Love Jillxx

May your troubles be less
and your blessings be more
and nothing but happiness
come through your door..

ItWillPass
15-10-04, 16:00
Thank you all so much for replying... It really makes me feel better to know that there are people out there who "get it". I am doing better today... still a little tired, but I am looknig forward to the weekend. Thanks again.

minny
15-10-04, 16:06
Glad to hear youre feeling a little better today Heidi! :)

Look after yourself!

Love Minny..xxx

Meg
15-10-04, 20:57
**I am kinda hearing voices! I mean its not like anyone is "talking" to me... but its just a lot of chaos in my head today.**

Heidi - thoughts not instructions.

Sometimes your own thoughts can be so overwhelming and so out opf character that they seem like voices. Its just your internal dialogue working overtime.

Slow down - exercise . relaxation CD . Find something to concentrate on for a while.

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
- Albert Einstein.