PDA

View Full Version : Paracetamol.

zippy
13-10-16, 17:23
I have been taking either soluble co codamol or soluble paracetamol for the last 4 yrs due to health problems. I never take more than 4 a day but i do drink alcohol about every other weekend. Whenever i get my bloods done my liver function test is always raised and then i scare myself and stop the tablets and drink until i get my bloods re tested which is usually 2 weeks later. It always goes back down to normal. So could taking these paracetamol be affecting my liver even though i don't take more then 4 a day? Or is it a combination of the 2?

Captain irrational
13-10-16, 18:12
Paracetamol raises liver function, but as far as I understand, as long as you are taking the correct dosage, it shouldn't being doing any lasting damage. But it might be worth raising your concerns with your doctor.

Gary A
13-10-16, 18:12
I have been taking either soluble co codamol or soluble paracetamol for the last 4 yrs due to health problems. I never take more than 4 a day but i do drink alcohol about every other weekend. Whenever i get my bloods done my liver function test is always raised and then i scare myself and stop the tablets and drink until i get my bloods re tested which is usually 2 weeks later. It always goes back down to normal. So could taking these paracetamol be affecting my liver even though i don't take more then 4 a day? Or is it a combination of the 2?

Taking these pills for a long period of time would generally require some form of medication to counter act any affects this would have on the stomach or other areas.

It's probably worth bringing it up with your doctor.