PDA

View Full Version : Please help.....Losing my mind - Could my daughter have leukemia?!

Worriedmommy
13-10-16, 21:23
I'm a hypochondriac by nature and always think the worst when it comes to mine and my families health....

9 days ago today my 7 yr old daughter started waking in the middle of the night with leg pain, we figured it was growing pains and moved on...A few nights later she woke up again, this time with hip pain, and last night woke up with arm pain, now neck pain....It's definitely the worst at night but does bother her somewhat during the day as well..

She is also fighting a chest cold and strep throat at the moment, so is dealing with a low-grade fever, some fatigue and all the other symptoms a cold comes with....has a decreased appetite but still eating fairly well

Tuesday morning I brought her to Emerg and the doctor wasn't overly concerned as she doesn't "look sick" and the pain subsides with advil/Tylenol, but I am still freaking out...This morning she woke up with 4 or 5 little dots on her elbow and she doesn't know how they got there.....I am soooo scared it's petachie (will try and attach a photo)

ServerError
13-10-16, 21:28
You're almost certainly making your daughter anxious over nothing, which could explain why she now feels every slight ache and pain, especially at night.

I'm not qualified to diagnose what anything is, but those look like absolutely nothing to be worried about.

If the doctors aren't worried, that's all you need to know.

Mercime
13-10-16, 21:36
I'm a hypochondriac by nature and always think the worst when it comes to mine and my families health....

9 days ago today my 7 yr old daughter started waking in the middle of the night with leg pain, we figured it was growing pains and moved on...A few nights later she woke up again, this time with hip pain, and last night woke up with arm pain, now neck pain....It's definitely the worst at night but does bother her somewhat during the day as well..

She is also fighting a chest cold and strep throat at the moment, so is dealing with a low-grade fever, some fatigue and all the other symptoms a cold comes with....has a decreased appetite but still eating fairly well

Tuesday morning I brought her to Emerg and the doctor wasn't overly concerned as she doesn't "look sick" and the pain subsides with advil/Tylenol, but I am still freaking out...This morning she woke up with 4 or 5 little dots on her elbow and she doesn't know how they got there.....I am soooo scared it's petachie (will try and attach a photo)

If she is waking in pain at night, she doesn't need to go to the ER, but you could take her to the GP instead for a check up. The fact she already has a cold and sore throat in itself can cause aches and pains - not to mention that a 7 yr old rapidly cottons on to the fact that if they wake with "something", mum has to wake up too!
Make an appt if she is no better in a few days, or gets worse. Please stop checking her for rashes, because it will affect her, and she will be anxious - and that's unfair to her. If you do go to the GP and he is satisfied she's fine, then leave it at that - she has a simple infection x

Beachlady
14-10-16, 00:31
How did you arrive at leukemia?

It sounds like you plucked that right out of the air because it’s a serious childhood disease you’re aware of.

If your daughter continues to be ill, bring her to your doctor. Kids get sick all the time, and 99.999% it’s benign.