PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety and meningitis

Myranda
14-10-16, 21:50
I've been scared for a couple of days now of getting meningitius. I went to the doctor 3 times already and it just seems like a normal cold but however I'm still scared. I was running a slight temperature a couple of days ago and it's bedn okay now, however my neck and back are extremely stiff. The doctor said this is likely from my stress and anxiety attacks. I sure hope everything is okay. I couldn't sleep last night from all of this.

SLA
14-10-16, 21:52
Eat well. Drink plenty. Rest lots.

Anxiety is heightened during periods of being unwell. So give yourself plenty of opportunity to recover.

Myranda
14-10-16, 22:17
It still keeps taking over my mind that I have meningitis. It's a scary thought. Thank you though.

axolotl
14-10-16, 22:49
I had bacterial meningitis when I was 19, trust me it's a quick-acting and dramatic illness, and not something you'd have chance to worry about for any length of time. Positive thoughts.

unsure_about_this
15-10-16, 12:10
You would know, I have know four people who had this during my life so far, all okay. One her parents took her to hospital as her Dad spotted something strange on her arm which saved her life, my cousin about 9 months, someone from college she had it when she was younger and one of my ex-work colleagues had it.

Myranda
15-10-16, 13:44
Thanks for the positive messages and I am feeling a bit better today! I've been getting a lot of support from my parents and my boyfriend. The tension in my back and neck still hasn't subsided but I'm trying to keep my mind is a positive place. ☺️

jessicaf1323
15-10-16, 16:59
I posted this to someone the other day, trust me, you would definitely know if you had meningitis. I literally felt like I was dying! It went way beyond a neck ache.

axolotl
15-10-16, 20:16
I posted this to someone the other day, trust me, you would definitely know if you had meningitis. I literally felt like I was dying! It went way beyond a neck ache.

Exactly, when I had it I essentially woke up with the worst headache of my life and covered in a rash, vomited green sludge into the sink, and an hour later was moving in and out of consciousness in an ambulance. I certainly didn't have time to visit a doctor three times...

Myranda
15-10-16, 20:24
Thanks for the positivity and reassurance. I'm definitely feeling better now. Positive thoughts. :yesyes: