PDA

View Full Version : What is happening to me?

Matthew30
14-10-16, 22:16
Hi,
My mental health: Severe depression, severe anxiety and panic attacks where I blackout and faint, agrophobia. I take sertraline for these things which is supposed to do something but what that is, I've yet to experience it and I've been taking it for nearly a year (which is when I finally realised/come to terms with the fact that I have all these problems) I'm 30 now and this has all slowly came on since I was 12.
For the last month though I've been I'll with stomach upset and swetting at night to the point where I have to change the sheets even with the windows open. I had to lay down the other day for most the day because I'm getting what feels like electric shocks in my head, arms and chest when I move. I can't concentrate and my memory is shot at the minute. The reason I'm like this, no idea. But I'm done now and I want to get better which is why I'm here. If anyone has any ideas of whats up with me or what to do to stop it then please help.

SLA
14-10-16, 22:31
Hi Matthew,

Sorry to hear you're going through such a rough time man.

If the drugs aren't working, then a good first step would be to see your GP, and get switched or taken off the Sertraline.

The reason I'm like this, no idea. But I'm done now and I want to get better which is why I'm here.

This is SO good to read. When you realise that you can't live like this anymore, and you want to get better, it is empowering.

It will take time. It took me 6 months to get out of deep depression to just feeling normal. Not happy, or upbeat... just normal.

A good thing to do is find small moments of happiness each day to break the cycle of stress/anxiety.

It might be something simple as spending a short time going for a walk, and appreciating nature. Or just a couple of minutes to completely enjoy a cup of tea, or a drink.

Keep chipping away.

How is your diet in general right now?