PDA

View Full Version : health anxiety

dale12345
14-10-16, 22:40
As many of you know i have health anxiety, I had a pretty bad sore throat about a month ago of course I freaked out, Dr said it was just a virus. Took a couple of weeks to get better. My daughter and her grandmother got very bad sore throats this past weekend and know mine is back, going to the dr on Monday very nervous trying to stay calm. :wacko:

Gary A
14-10-16, 22:46
That's quite clearly a virus, probably just a run of the mill type virus we all can pick up from time to time.

MyNameIsTerry
14-10-16, 22:52
How is she doing, Beth?

dale12345
14-10-16, 23:01
Julie and Emma are both doing good, Julie had an bad reaction to antibiotics. Its very rare. Emma is pretty much all better thank you for asking.

---------- Post added at 22:01 ---------- Previous post was at 21:59 ----------

That's quite clearly a virus, probably just a run of the mill type virus we all can pick up from time to time.

Thanks, you know if I could stop worrying so much I would have so much free time,lol Thanks Again

Justanutter
16-10-16, 11:47
Dale, I had a sore throat with a very sore gland in left side of neck about a month ago. Sore throats was intermittent and now gone but I have pains and an ache in my neck now plus think I've seen a creamy spot on a fold in my throat so now you can imagine what I'm thinkin......but I'm a dr phobic so worrying myself silly. I am sure yours sounds just like a virus.

dale12345
18-10-16, 01:08
I am going back to the dr tomm, very scared.

MyNameIsTerry
18-10-16, 05:22
Glad to hear they are ok, Beth. You daughters grandmother has been through loads recently so if you are in any doubt, I'm sure you will ask a professional as you did last time.

Don't be scared. What do you think the doctor will tell you? He already said it was a virus. The fact you are around people still with it can mean you end up getting it again. My mum gets them like that sometimes and ends up with repeated infections spread out over months.

dale12345
18-10-16, 14:56
Glad to hear they are ok, Beth. You daughters grandmother has been through loads recently so if you are in any doubt, I'm sure you will ask a professional as you did last time.

Don't be scared. What do you think the doctor will tell you? He already said it was a virus. The fact you are around people still with it can mean you end up getting it again. My mum gets them like that sometimes and ends up with repeated infections spread out over months.

Thanks alot

dale12345
18-10-16, 22:48
It was a virus aske like 4 times he said there is zero chance its throat cancer. I think I need to ask the pych tomm to up my antidepressant and stay off the health boards for awhile get this OCD and anxiety under control. Thanks to all who have put up with me.

ServerError
18-10-16, 22:52
Glad you got good news. Have a chat with your psych about whatever options are on the table. Be open about what these fears are doing to you.

You're a kind person who has always offered messages of support to me. You can slay this beast.

dale12345
18-10-16, 23:48
Glad you got good news. Have a chat with your psych about whatever options are on the table. Be open about what these fears are doing to you.

You're a kind person who has always offered messages of support to me. You can slay this beast.

Thank you so much I know I need a higher dose because i am on such a low dose, I guess Luvox needs a higher dose for OCD.