PDA

View Full Version : Dizziness even when not anxious

Blimey1987
15-10-16, 16:44
Hi
I had my first severy anxiety issue a few month back when I had to have constant urine tests due to high WBC. All came back fine in the end.
I've been suffering from dizziness for months now. First started when I was pregnant and it was put down to that, then they became so frequent I went back to the doctors who couldn't tell me what was wrong since my BP was fine and all blood tests came back normal.
I started wearing my glasses again and the bouts of lightheadedness has reduced
My anxiety and started to sort it self without the need of medication and I've been alot more positive.
My question is....can you have dizziness as an anxiety symptom even when your not feeling anxious? Is it a silent condition sometimes?

skymaid
15-10-16, 18:11
certainly can. you can get dizziness from many causes. muscles stay tense sometimes even when you dont feel anxious. tight neck muscles often makes me dizzy. you can kinda massage your own neck or let a hot shower run down it.

more fun if someone does it

Blimey1987
15-10-16, 19:01
Thank you. They don't last long and it's no longer everyday. I just panic.
I read a woman had dizzy spells and had ovarian cancer so I went into overdrive....again....
I hate this. I hate the anxiety. I only speak to my husband about it but only ever give him half the info in case he this I'm loony.

anxious_thoughts
16-10-16, 05:55
Hey,

I'm going through blood sugar anxiety at the moment and at first I used to only get dizzy when I realized it's been 3 hours since I last ate. But sometimes I'll get spurts of it out of nowhere and I've been this way since my anxiety first started a couple years ago.

I definitely agree with Skymaid! Actually today my anxiety was pretty good yet I felt lightheaded and slightly dizzy all day. Every time it would happen instead of feeding into it I decided to focus on my breathing and feeling it in my chest and stomach and it stopped me from making it worse.

Hope you feel better soon xx