PDA

View Full Version : Can't stop worrying about groin

herbie73
15-10-16, 17:48
Hi all,

Firstly I want to apologies for posting about this a third time, it just helps when I get reassuring words, I know you shouldn't seek reassurance, but its the only thing that helps.

Anyway as you already know my new ha is about my groin symmetry, I know it sound crazy, but I can't shake it, I am worried because the right side of my groin is more prominent than the left, it is where the ligament runs, it feels more tube like on that side, that's the only way I can explain it, it is on both sides but more prominent on the right, if anyone else has this please could you let me know, I would be very grateful, I have had ha over body symmetry before.

Many thanx

Sherry

---------- Post added at 17:48 ---------- Previous post was at 17:40 ----------

PS I do have to push with the tips of my fingers to feel it, its not immediately noticeable .

ServerError
15-10-16, 17:49
You and I have had this conversation before, haven't we? Would it help you to know that other people have asymmetrical groins too? Because I do. I promise you. I'd upload a picture but I suspect I'd probably get banned.

The issue here is with your thought process. Maybe it's OCD, I don't know. But you will have to challenge your thinking because your groin is absolutely fine and normal.

herbie73
15-10-16, 17:57
I do have ocd, the Dr diagnosed it after my last bout of ha and put me on 60mg of prozac, I haven't just suffered with ha thoughts I have also had other ocd thoughts in the past about other subjects.

Xxx

ServerError
15-10-16, 18:06
Have you had any therapy for your OCD? If not, I would look to get some.

The problem is that you're trapped in a spiral that simply posting on a forum probably can't get you out of. You'll continue to worry about your groin (or move on to something else) when the condition that needs tackling is the OCD. In other words, your groin isn't the real problem, it's just the latest manifestation of your OCD.

Fishmanpa
15-10-16, 18:07
So, knowing you have OCD with some HA elements, and also knowing without any doubt whatsoever that the human body is asymmetrical, what could we say to you (other than what's already been said) that would truly put your mind at ease?

Positive thoughts

Phuzella
15-10-16, 19:50
Are you continually poking it