PDA

View Full Version : need advice and a hug..

sidiam
15-10-16, 18:51
I've not been posting all week. I have been in a mh clinic, had a few "funny turns"...
On Monday I start on Lithium, my psychiatrist is running out of options to help me with depression/anxiety.
I will be taking citalopram 20mg and half of the lowest dose of lithium (over sensitive for meds.) I have had all the tests done to see if I can take lithium and the results were good enough. I will stay in the clinic under observation. as will be having regular blood tests and I really can't cope with all the stress at home on my own,
I have had several different meds. over the years but for some reason I am really frightened to start lithium. Don't know why. :weep:
can anyone talk some sense into me...
I have to try this, I can't go one with the relapses every few weeks.
take care
Sxx

skymaid
15-10-16, 21:12
I can't give any advice. I hate starting new meds. I needed 10mg diazepam to even take my first lyrica. but you can have a hug.

remember most people dont get the side effects you read about with anything because generally dont post "I feel fine"

dale12345
15-10-16, 22:26
:hugs:

PunkyFish
15-10-16, 23:14
I've not been posting all week. I have been in a mh clinic, had a few "funny turns"...
On Monday I start on Lithium, my psychiatrist is running out of options to help me with depression/anxiety.
I will be taking citalopram 20mg and half of the lowest dose of lithium (over sensitive for meds.) I have had all the tests done to see if I can take lithium and the results were good enough. I will stay in the clinic under observation. as will be having regular blood tests and I really can't cope with all the stress at home on my own,
I have had several different meds. over the years but for some reason I am really frightened to start lithium. Don't know why. :weep:
can anyone talk some sense into me...
I have to try this, I can't go one with the relapses every few weeks.
take care
Sxx

:hugs:

Starting a new medication can sometimes be tough but try to keep in mind that this medication may just be the medication that will work for you.

sidiam
16-10-16, 10:30
Thanks for your posts and hugs..
Really struggling today, will be relieved to go back to the clinic end of the afternoon.
I think the waiting has not helped at least I can start the lithium tomorrow and take it from there.
hope you are all coping
take care
Sxx