PDA

View Full Version : I can't sleep...

Myranda
16-10-16, 06:49
I am recently getting over a fear of Meningitis after visiting the doctor about four times already. But now I think it's something else because I'm still feeling strange. I keep getting these strange electric/rush feelings through my body to my head, I keep taking deep breaths because I feel like I need to (hyperventilating), I'm dizzy, etc.

Of course I kept looking online at my symptoms and now I think I have Sepsis. Can someone please help?

Shazamataz
16-10-16, 08:14
I think if you had sepsis you'd not be able to write this message.

All you describe sound like anxiety symptoms to me. I've had all of those. Not fun!

hanshan
16-10-16, 12:54
All those symptoms point to anxiety.

There has been an effort recently to make people aware of sepsis. Unfortunately, this is like pouring gasoline on the fire for health anxiety sufferers, who will quickly diagnose themselves as having sepsis.

If you have sepsis, you feel sicker than you've ever felt in your whole life. Your hands and feet go cold as blood is drawn away from your body. You may think you have flu or food poisoning, but it rapidly worsens.

You don't feel dizzy, hyperventilate, or have strange electric rushes - that's anxiety.

Myranda
16-10-16, 13:41
I get a really fast pulse rate with anxiety too (at least that's what I hope it's from) and that kinda freaks me out as well.

hanshan
17-10-16, 03:09
Hi Myranda,

You get caught in a spiral. The anxiety gives you symptoms, and the symptoms make you more anxious, and so it goes.

If you can accept that it's all anxiety in one form or other, and not a sign of a terrible physical illness, you are on your way to getting it under control. But anxiety doesn't give up easily, as many here will attest!