PDA

View Full Version : Finally admitting it

Washerwoman
16-10-16, 08:43
Hi all, well I've recently had an asbestos related incident that really floored me for a while so I looked through all the topics on here and found it to be helpful. I've always known I have a lot of issues but not until I came on here did I take on board quite how anxious my whole life has been. As a small child into adolescence I suffered from quite extreme OCD and tics (nobody ever talked this though with me but it must have been fairly obvious thinking about it now). I suffered with fear of my mother dying for a long time and obsessive counting in patterns. If someone said 'bye' first before ending a telephone conversation I was convinced they would die (that was 10-18 years of age) Since then I've had many acquaintance type friends but I find it hard to let anyone get too close. Now I have a partner and 3 kids so want to face these issues and deal with them. I'm hoping to find strength and an outlet on here. Thanks for having me!

venusbluejeans
16-10-16, 08:52
Hiya Washerwoman and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

SLA
16-10-16, 09:04
It's lovely to see you here, and taking steps to recognise and beat your condition.

You are not alone, and there are ways out! It takes time, but what doesn't!

Good luck!

Washerwoman
16-10-16, 21:53
Thankyou, your replies are much appreciated

Bigboyuk
16-10-16, 21:57
Hi Washerwoman and welcome to NMP glad you have admitted you have a problem!, thats half the battle won in my eyes :) You will find useful and helpful advice that for sure and makes new friends i have and its ace :) Enjoy the forums!!

Washerwoman
17-10-16, 23:10
Thanks very much, yes I do feel a little bit lighter for having at least written down some of my issues.

Bigboyuk
18-10-16, 11:52
Thanks very much, yes I do feel a little bit lighter for having at least written down some of my issues. You are more than welcome :) No point bottling it up you are in safe place here:yesyes::yesyes: