View Full Version : The tesco lady - THIS IS THE FINAL STRAW

elibabez
16-10-16, 09:50
just been into tesco, the lady served me

``are you angry at me``?

``no`` she giggled back at me

``oh, you seemed angry at me`` was my response

at this point i realise there is something massively wrong with me

i am so paranoid, terrified of people being angry at me or ``not being cool with me``

and its gone on for years now

ive had extensive CBT
been on citolopram/ sertraline

and whilst the big panic atttacks havent happened much lately,
my constent paranoia/ anxiety which doesnt stop bugging me is happening 24/7 and i simply dont know what to do anymore

even at work ive fallen out with people because of it

help :shades:

Carnation
16-10-16, 09:57
I'm the same. I always think people don't like me, ignore me, pick on me, talk about me. It's all down to self esteem. I have no cure to tell you, just a hug. :hugs:

Buster70
16-10-16, 11:31
Maybe she was angry and you picked up on it , everybody seems to be angry these days although anxiety does make you see the worst in people even if it's not there , if it's someone you don't know and it doesn't matter to you just don't ask she wasn't likely to tell you even if she was .take care .

Hopeyet
17-10-16, 19:59
I'm the same. I always think people don't like me, ignore me, pick on me, talk about me. It's all down to self esteem. I have no cure to tell you, just a hug. :hugs:

I don't think there is a direct cure.

Best suggestion is try and indulge yourself with something you've always wanted to do. Whether it's backpacking around the world, visiting relatives or simply making time to read a book for five minutes each day. Don't try and fight the worries - try and introduce something positive and give something back to yourself.

Bigboyuk
11-01-18, 11:15
Sensible response from Hopeyet :) But what I do know is it can managed successfully with the correct 'tools' in place! This could be anything and may include meds and or therapy etc HTH ATB

ankietyjoe
11-01-18, 12:23
Sounds more like a self esteem issue which is unlikely to be treated with CBT/meds.

Alternative forms of talk therapy are likely to help the most.

WiredIncorrectly
11-01-18, 13:47
I'm the same. I always think people are acting negative towards me even if they're not. This is a dangerous mindset and has landed me in all sorts of problems with family, and when I'm out and about.

I've learned to keep those thoughts in my head now though. Sometimes I still have my outbursts though. People must think we're right crackpots lmao.

The most important thing is to not care what anyone thinks of you. When I stopped caring it felt like a weight lifted off my shoulders.