PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to be fatigued/weakness/nervous feeling 24/7?

TimetoTurn
16-10-16, 20:42
Ok, this keeps going on.. I just wondered if anyone has had this sort of thing 24/7? It's the muscle weakness/generally completely drained feeling that bothers me most, as I physically can't do a lot with it right now, but at the same time I've been getting crazy nervous/adrenaline feeling just hanging out in my body. I also sometimes get a pulsing feeling in my head like too much blood has gone up there or something.
On a side note I also have a very stiff neck that always cracks every time I put my head back to try and relieve it! It's been this way for quite a while, but the weakness thing has progressed. (I have had the GPs neuro checks and currently referred to check out with rheumatologist but not til December!)

So just wondering again if anyone can relate or if these sound like tey could all be severe anxiety? (which I am hoping!)

Sefton
16-10-16, 20:59
What you've described sounds exactly like me. Feeling bone tired but jumpy at the same time. Racing heart rate etc. I got progressively worse over a six month period to the point I thought I was about to die. After blood tests, numerous doctor visits I was eventually diagnosed with severe depression and anxiety. I was diagnosed at the beginning of July but it's only been the past week or so that the diagnosis has started to make sense to me. I never realised that a mental illness can have such an impact on your physical health. I've felt really good for the past couple of days, my pessimistic, negative thinking has started to take a back seat. I'm sure I'll have bad times again but at least I now know the black cloud that's been hanging over me for such a long time does lift.
Onwards and upwards:yesyes:

SLA
16-10-16, 21:02
How is your diet? Are you eating well? Sleeping well?

Myranda
16-10-16, 23:11
This is the exact feeling I'm experiencing right now.

Imasnamkcih
17-10-16, 01:09
Im feeling the same at the minute. Ive recently startef with anxiety issues after 4 years and im trying to stop but its so hard

Shazamataz
17-10-16, 02:48
Yes. I had it for months until my anxiety settled down.

TimetoTurn
17-10-16, 11:38
Thank you again for the replies. It is so hard isn't it! I also find my heart is beating really hard and anything I do physically feels like too much/exhausts me. I find it so hard to believe anxiety can make you feel so ill. I feel like I just need to be in bed!
Can I ask are any of you on meds for it? (if so, are they helping?) or have you managed to just ride it out?

SLA -my diet is good for the most part, I try to usually avoid too much sugar, and eat organic veg and whatnot. My sleep -could always do with more! (little one is up very early and I find it hard to get to bed and settle mega early!) After my baby was born I had over a year of interrupted/poor sleep, which was slowly driving me crackers! That has stopped now but it has probably had an impact I guess.

Shelly15
18-10-16, 13:37
I'm going through this at the moment too, my muscles are so weak I'm so tired I'm breathing really shallow, doctors put it down to stress and anxiety but I just don't understand how I can feel like this 24/7 I'm constantly on edge, when I get up in the morning I feel like I haven't even been to sleep. I feel like I need to be in bed I even had to quit my job as I feel so weak and tired. Its horriable!

Are you on any meds?

Super_Freaked
18-10-16, 21:15
I have had periods like this, at one point I went and got a gym membership and the first few times were so sad i almost didn't go back in.. i was moping around the house and hard to describe to anyone why i was like this but looking back, ya just run over by negative and fear based thinking.. it so helps to go force yourself to go on long walks or start pushing your body, even at home do some pushups, do only a couple and then rest on the floor, spend a day just trying to push up your energy threw activity, it's like you have an egg around you of tiredness and after about 5 minutes of struggle you can actually find your energy goes up a bit. give activity /exercsie a try it's quick, cheap and easy

MyNameIsTerry
19-10-16, 05:59
It definitely can make you fatigued, weak and nervous 24/7. GAD is well known for the 24/7 "buzzing bees". That's been one of my symptoms from the start when the breakdown finally hit.

Daily anxiety from waking to falling asleep is a well known one with GAD too. I've had a load of that in my time.