PDA

View Full Version : Pain

Colicab85
17-10-16, 08:59
Hey,

As i accept more and more than all my "symptoms" are caused by Anxiety and Depression, how do you manage to deal with the pain that is associated with it?

My back is killing me, absolutely killing me, and there is no logical reason as to why.

Is there anything I can do to reduce the pain?

mezzaninedoor
17-10-16, 12:42
I have had back pain whilst unwell with anxiety and depression, its one thing to have the pain and another thing to have that pain consistently week in and week out.

I basically called myself out on my back pain as I became convinced that my back pain was partly due to my unfitness and so I, perhaps counter intuitively, decided that I needed to always use the stairs at work, make sure I walked short distances every day etc etc Whilst also engaging in a maintenance programme with an osteopath.

I find that with maintenance and regular exercise my back is still painful at a low level but its much better than it was.

Now I just need to shit all the weight gain from the Quetiapine this lasty year :) :(

Phuzella
17-10-16, 12:46
Sorry mezzaninedoor I've gone hysterical at you having to shit all the weight. Typo I hope :)

SLA
17-10-16, 13:08
Have you seen the doctor specifically regarding your back pain?

Back pain is very common, and should be treated separately from your anxiety.

Any illness will make anxiety worse.

Colicab85
17-10-16, 13:13
Thanks for the reply Mezz.

The pain i have is quite transient, it comes and goes. Walking sometimes makes it worse and sometimes makes it better.

Its quite odd.

Phuzella, if there was a like button, I'd be all over that.

---------- Post added at 13:13 ---------- Previous post was at 13:09 ----------

Have you seen the doctor specifically regarding your back pain?

Back pain is very common, and should be treated separately from your anxiety.

Any illness will make anxiety worse.

Hey, yeah I've seen him.

Its at the very bottom of my back and he went through the causes and none of them seem likely or I'm missing one of the most important symptoms, he seemed very unconcerned.

I've essentially diagnosed myself that the back pain is due to my current mental health issues, walking different for instance during my testing for weakness, I also do a huge amount of slouching.

I may be wrong but i certainly had no back pain pre breakdown and the doctors seem to think there is no somatic cause.

SLA
17-10-16, 14:02
That doesn't mean you have to still be anxious about it though, and the two aren't necessarily related.

Slouching will cause more problems than anything! :)

mezzaninedoor
17-10-16, 16:04
Phuzella:blush:

shift shift shift :/

sorry folks

Phuzella
17-10-16, 19:33
:D:hugs:

MyNameIsTerry
17-10-16, 22:37
Sorry mezzaninedoor I've gone hysterical at you having to shit all the weight. Typo I hope :)

I didn't think that's what an "elimination" diet meant? :roflmao: