PDA

View Full Version : Unrealistic expectations, and feeling like life is "fake. Can anyone relate or help?

cfc123
17-10-16, 09:47
I don’t know if this is OCD, but I wondered if someone could help me. I’m feeling very down and confused at the moment. I have Aspergers and OCD. There are two things that are very heavily having a bad effect on my life. I'm not sure if these will sound a bit confusing, but I'll try and hope it's clear

Firstly, one thing that has dominated me recently is thoughts that feel unwanted about dreams, and unrealistic expectations. An example would be if I am at Stamford Bridge, I'll have a thought about meeting either a player/manager someone like that. I will then start to think of doom if that thought doesn't come true/doesn't happen, even though I know logically it's unlikely, and it's not in reality even a problem if it doesn't happen. Another case would be a semi-famous singer that I like. I wanted to open up to him about my OCD, and I did do it the other day. I then had these unrealistic thoughts of expectations of how he would react, and I therefore felt disappointed when he didn’t react in quite the emotive way I maybe wanted, even though I knew that was irrational and didn’t matter, because it was just circumstances of the meet and greet. When all these thoughts come, start panicking, and can't get the thought out no matter how hard I try, and then it really brings upon low mood, based on the fear that I'll never be able to do anything because these doubts will start to affect me in an awful way, even though I don't want it to be there and know it's probably not real. Has anyone else experienced these kind of thoughts, and do you think it's because of OCD?

Also, I have Pectus Carinatum, a slight chest deformity where one side of my chest stick out basically. Largely because of this, I have started to have this thought that life is somehow “fake” because of this imperfection. I know rationally, this isn’t true because it doesn’t matter how anyone looks, but again I can’t get the thought/feeling out no matter how hard I try, and it’s really starting to get me down, and ruin parts of my life. To escape, I create fantasy worlds in my head, that I spend a lot of time thinking about in a day. Can anyone relate to this, and does anyone know what this whole “fake” feeling might be?