PDA

View Full Version : High blood pressure caused by anxiety?

lifeofbrian
17-10-16, 10:01
I've been having a horrid weekend, 10 out of 10 for anxiety. My blood pressure on Saturday was 164/98, this morning (Monday) 155/100, heart was pounding as soon as I awoke (90bpm), only managed about 90 mins sleep.

Solidsimpson
18-10-16, 16:44
Definitely. Do you own a blood pressure machine? I had to buy my own because it was so high at the doctor from anxiety. Maybe sit down for a while and keep checking the blood pressure. you get more comfortable it will go down probably.

Fishmanpa
18-10-16, 16:49
Unless recommended by your doctor, there's no need to have a BP machine as it will just lead to more self testing and anxiety.

Positive thoughts

Marie2016
18-10-16, 17:08
Oh yeah, I had this for a while. After my son was born I struggled with terrible anxiety and my blood pressure was really high, obviously after just giving birth this gave me awful worries about pre eclampsia and so on. I eventually saw a brilliant doctor who took my blood pressure and it was high, he started chatting to me for about five minutes and took it again and it was normal! He reassured me that if it was anything more than anxiety it wouldn't come back down to normal levels. I understand how scary it is but if you try some mindful breathing and yoga it will surely come down to a good level ��