PDA

View Full Version : Failed visual field test

ker92ri
17-10-16, 11:27
Has anyone ever failed one and they're ok?

I've been in therapy for months to try and combat my fear and it's totally knocked me off course. I failed a visual fields test on Thursday and I repeated it again today, I felt like it was easier this time around. But I won't know anything until this Thursday.

Anyone who has previously read my threads know I have extremely irrational fears of going blind. It has got so bad again I can't eat or sleep,I keep being sick. So now I'm almost certain that the doctors have missed something. I'm thinking some sort of braintumour, intercranial hypertension or MS. My vision has been bad for a few months now with no explanation.

I'm so scared

Wilburis
18-10-16, 22:39
Hi,

Is the visual field test the one at the opticians where you have to click a button when you see a dot?

If so, I dread it. I get all panicky.

Ive got one on 5 November. When Ive had them in the past, the lady always tells me if I passed straight away.

xx

Lukas
19-10-16, 01:08
I have failed many in my day, (needing glasses kinda runs in the family our eyes ae pretty weak and shaped like a football haha) I've had glasses since I was 5 and have failed that test a couple times, do you have any reflux issues? obviously I'm not a doctor but I was just trying to work out if you being sick was because of something else or anxiety, do you feel any symptoms with your head or do you just have blurred vision? speaking from my viewpoint I think there's a reasonable explanation and that you should just try and relax until Thursday, I'm sure if they were really concerned they'd of done something instead of making you wait, have faith :) x

Wilburis
20-10-16, 17:08
Hey

How did you get on with your results?

xx

Carrie8484
20-10-16, 23:00
I work in optics and many people detest the visual field test. It can confuse people too. Many people also fail it and we ask them to re take it at another appointment. It is highly unlikely to be anything to worry about as we see it all the time