PDA

View Full Version : White Coat Syndrome, Fear Of Doctors.

BlakeD1993
17-10-16, 11:54
Does anybody else really hate and avoid going for medical help? for HA or genuine health issures. I always assume there going to mention the big C.

Diva
02-01-17, 19:52
Yep, totally - I find it really strange that it's quite rare amongst HA sufferers. I do ANYTHING to avoid a GP, even self-prescribing although I know it's dangerous and stupid.

I've presently getting over a virus type thing and have a weird breathing thing going on that I'm convinced is CA (gave up smoking 5 yrs ago) and as I'm getting older it's going to become increasingly difficult to avoid the medical profession.

I tried counselling but despite 18 mths of therapy we didn't really get around to the HA - there seemed too much else that needed fixing!

Anyone else had this virus over Christmas?

Kay8010
04-01-17, 17:25
Yes I stress about this all the time!

I have been ill end of Oct with a cold, then again in Nov and a fortnight ago I got another cold and its still lingering, went to the GP yesterday as I am constantly coughing and sore throat, DR checked me over and see its viral and will go unfortunately with HA everything lingers for longer...........as we harbor on the symptoms........

---------- Post added at 17:25 ---------- Previous post was at 17:23 ----------

p.s. I had a chest x-ray in Feb 2016 so I guess if it was CA ie. lung would it grow within a year?