PDA

View Full Version : Took a funny turn and really scared

Aimee1875
17-10-16, 14:06
I was just getting extensions put in my hair,something that takes about 2 and a half hours. I was sitting on a really uncomfortable chair and I was really tense,especially my stomach and back. Suddenly my vision went really funny like spots when you stand up too quick,I was getting the sweats and my hearing went weird too. It felt really overwhelming. I thought it may be a panic attack but now I'm worried in a brain tumour. I rubbed my eyes when it happened and it sort of went away,it basically went as quickly as it came. I'm terrified now to do anything and was gonna go to the gym but too scared to now:(

bab
17-10-16, 14:07
Def just panic- you may have hot up to quickly but it's just panic

SLA
17-10-16, 15:16
Panic

You were already tense going into the panic attack.

Go to the gym, it'll do you the world of good.

Make sure you've got plenty of fuel and fluid in you though.

Aimee1875
17-10-16, 17:20
Does it sound like a panic attack? It was so weird and I've never had it before,all I can chalk it up to is sitting on that chair really uncomfortably and feeling like I can't move because my hair was getting done and my lower half was tense. I'm so scared now to do anything in case it happens again

ServerError
17-10-16, 17:27
It sounds like the event that led to my anxiety diagnosis. What was that event? A panic attack.

Your description really brings the memory back for me. These things really do feel like they're going to kill us. But they never do. I'm panic-free now, but it was a hard time for a while. Don't make the mistake I did by obsessing over this. Just let it go.

Aimee1875
17-10-16, 20:24
Thanks guys. I asked a friend who gets attacks regularly and she said she got that too. It was terrifying,thought that was it and I'd have to get someone to get an ambulance. I'm putting it down to the tensing while sitting and feeling like I couldn't breathe.

ServerError
17-10-16, 20:29
I did get an ambulance called when it happened to me. It was weird how laid back they were. No urgency from the moment they arrived, so I guess they had a sense of what was going on. I should have taken comfort from that. If I had, perhaps things wouldn't have gotten so bad.

Aimee1875
17-10-16, 23:00
That sounds awful:( I think the main thing was to just get up and get water. It went away so quickly but during the time was terrifying me! Never had a panic attack in my life so I have no clue what it's like