PDA

View Full Version : Just a bit about me :)

sjg333
17-10-16, 22:52
Hi there, I apologise in advance if this ends up quite long winded and rambly/boring.
I'm Summer and I'm 23.
My main anxiety is of being sick (emetophobia). It has affected me from the age of 11 but become worse over the years.
I currently live with my mum and 9 year old sister who are also emetophobic, this increases my anxiety as when I feel anxious/nauseous I NEED someone to hold my hand and reassure me, especially to know I have someone if I was to be sick. So I find it really hard being at home knowing my mum can't do that and my sister will panic loads, so I spend 5-6 days a week at my boyfriends house with his family. He reassures me and helps me challenge it and tells me he will be there if it happens, and so I've become super reliant on him, which is annoying for both of us!
This week he admitted he needs a break from it sometimes... It's literally every day and its understandable he feels this way. I'm staying at my mums house for other reasons ATM from yesterday (Sunday) until Wednesday. I'm soooo anxious, I keep feeling like I will be sick, then feeling more anxious, I have nobody to keep me company or reassure me, I tried not to message my boyfriend but I caved and I have and he's given me that reassurance but I feel so guilty.
I want to be more independant and learn how to get through panic attacks and nausea on my own!
So that's why I'm here :)

venusbluejeans
17-10-16, 22:57
Hiya sjg333 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: