PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys have a lump between your chest?

john26a
18-10-16, 04:59
Hello everyone

I was just in the shower and I pressed between my chest and felt a hard round bone. Kind of like a hard lump. I'm getting a panic attack, is this a tumor or cancer? I had pain in the same area few days ago. I have also had joint pain for the last 2 months and doctors cant find what I have. I'm not convinced that I have a cancer that has caused the hard tumor like thing between my chest.

Where the hell did this lump come from?

Please tell you guys have it too. It exactly between the chest wall. It almost feels like a hard ball deep inside. You have to press between your chest to feel it.

If you search xiphoid process that where it is but xiphoid process doesn't feel like a ball its a sharp bone that people can't even feel by hand.

MyNameIsTerry
18-10-16, 05:30
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

That's something I've been meaning to check out myself, I just didn't know what it was. Mine has become quite easily found by hand and I can see it if I breath in.

According to looking that up it becomes ossified by around age 40 so you can feel/see it. Mine started showing up a few years ago in my late 30's.

It naturally grows (ossifies) until it finally finishes around age 40. So, how old are you?

A quick Google immediately showed up selfies by men who had them on display who were quite lean & muscular so perhaps if you train, you will see it more.

It's a rounded bone so if you press on it hard, it's going to ache, just as any bone does.

unsure_about_this
18-10-16, 08:52
Let me have a quick check of myself (I am not a GP so I dont know why I am doing it)

I can feel something think it my breast bone

KeeKee
18-10-16, 09:06
Is it literally in the centre? If so, I have this too and always have.

MyNameIsTerry
18-10-16, 09:19
Is it literally in the centre? If so, I have this too and always have.

It's shown on here...

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/32/a8/13/32a8137c6b6dcba02d14b92c57d40a80.jpg

...or just for you KeeKee, here is a more appealing version where you can see it sticking out...:whistles:

http://i.imgur.com/k306GNw.jpg

...:noangel::roflmao:

Phuzella
18-10-16, 13:39
:D

Myranda
18-10-16, 23:51
My boyfriend has this!

MyNameIsTerry
19-10-16, 00:00
Just don't watch the film, Alien!!! :winks:

MyNameIsTerry
19-10-16, 06:01
:D

You liked my selfie then. Phuzella? :D I had to angle it right to ensure no other "protrusion" was in the pic...:winks::roflmao:

I do honestly look like that...sadly, you would need a Dyson Animal to suck off the layers of fat though! :weep::roflmao:

Phuzella
19-10-16, 06:04
Very impressed Terry. You should be in the movies with a protrusion like that :D:whistles:

MyNameIsTerry
19-10-16, 07:52
Very impressed Terry. You should be in the movies with a protrusion like that :D:whistles:

:blush::yesyes: