PDA

View Full Version : Husband will undergo coronary angiogram... very scared

sherry68
18-10-16, 05:26
Hi everyone. This forum has been a source of comfort for me and a place for much needed advice, to listen to the wise words or just simply to share. I truly appreciate what it has given me. Today I just feel like sharing...

I am now waiting for my husband to undergo his coronary angiogram procedure, scheduled in two hours time. His cardiologist advised him to undergo the procedure after his stress test yesterday showed some abnormality and after taking all other risk factors (he is 48, a smoker and a bit overweight). My husband only got to Stage 2 on the Stress Test when according to my husband the cardiologist said better to stop, there seemed to be a spike or something and a tendency to develop fast heart beat.

I could not be with him when he saw the cardiologist afterwards so I really didn't know what was explained to him. Being my husband he didn't really ask questions and he just agreed for the angiogram.

The doctor gave him Plavix and Cardiprin before the procedure and he complained of some stabbing chest pain on and off. And now here I am, in the hospital room waiting for his procedure. My anxiety is sky high and I could feel my heart beating fast and the usual sick feeling deep inside.

Angiogram is an invasive procedure and carries its own risk. The outcomes of the angiogram is another thing that I am so scared to face. But I am still thankful that whatever it is gonna be, we find that out now and it will be treated.

I am trying very hard to keep calm and not to show him how anxious amd worried I am. Praying hard that all will go well...

Primula
18-10-16, 10:28
How did it go Sherry? hope all ok:)

sherry68
19-10-16, 07:01
Hi Primula. Tq for asking. I am so glad that it was finally over and he was given an all okay. No clogged arteries.

vicky23
19-10-16, 13:26
that's great news
no wonder you were anxious I hope you're feeling calm now.
Take care of yourself and hubby
Best wishes
Vicky
X

sherry68
19-10-16, 13:32
Many thanks Vicky for your kind words. It is such a relief to finally be able to put this one 'episode' behind.

Warm regards
Sherry