PDA

View Full Version : Advice or info needed about panic attacks

EOR04
18-10-16, 11:14
Hi, I'm looking for advice.

I was told yesterday I was having panic attacks.
My symptoms are feeling like I'm suffocating whilst doing any exercise that makes my heart rate increase. When I stop and allow my heart rate to slow I can breathe normally again, so pretty much I can control it, if I stop immediately it can last about 30 seconds, if I push myself it can last a minute or two. So don't run up the stairs or dance around my living room then I don't have any attacks, but if I do, just stop what I'm doing and the symptoms immediately stop with the slowing of my heart rate.
I have no other symptoms, I'm generally a happy, confident and was a very active person. This has now been going on for over 18 months where I've ended up become secluded these last 6ish months and now my doc feels I need anti-depressents. I've undergone tests for heart and lungs and the only thing that has come from it is I've developed a heart murmur about 18ish months ago, but as the cardiologist said I'm too young to have anything wrong with my heart. I don't have asthma or any other lung conditions.
I've read up on the symptoms of panic attacks but I have none of these, it sounds a tramatic experience for anyone having them, but when I have mine I'm totally calm and controlled and usually happens when I'm out enjoying myself doing the stuff I love. I've had to give up going to the gym and give up fell walking, I can't even do exercise at home so I'm piling the weight on, which is making me more miserable. I can't even walk down to the shops anymore as I live on a hill and I can't get back up it. I'm not anxious, I've had no life events, I'm told I have calming influences on people around me, I don't get stressed or feel like I can't cope, I'm totally flummoxed at the diagnosis.

I can't find any information about this type of panic attacks that I have online.
Does anyone know where I can find information? Or anyone else have the same symptoms or lack of symptoms as me, I'd love to hear from you? I'm totally fed up and need it to stop so I can back to my life.

Ems x