PDA

View Full Version : PLease Tell Me What All This Means? HELP?

looking4answers
01-04-07, 04:00
I wasn't feeling well last night..not sure exactly why.I had a night like most nights chatting on the computer..I woke in the middle of the night and went to the bathroom and my eyes looked blood red,like someone with a bad allergy..I went back to bed and awoke a few hours later with a pain in the back of my neck that felt like someone had hit me with a baseball bat..I am the one that hears his pulse in his head all the time and it seems to radiate from this area...I worry because it makes me think there is anuyrism waiting to burst there or a artery that is not quite right.I checked my pulse and it was beating faster than normal.I admit that well maybe I was sleeping to weird high on the pillow with my head turned and that could have been the cause but still i worry.. I took my beta blocker and went back to sleep..Today I just havent felt well and woke just a little later than normal but went out and fed the animals with little or no effort and didnt think much about it..I came back in and got on the computer and felt so depressed I just had nothing that I wanted to do online and felt just desolate and lonely and just sad..I didnt want to do anything.Could this have just been depression or was it that I wasnt feeling well to start with? I laid down for a while and stared outside it was a beautiful day but very windy making it a little colder than it would have been..I just laid there with nothing positive to think..Just feeling out of sorts..I took my antidepression med and next thing I know I was jerking out of a sleep..I went back to sleep and woke in a jerk again.This isnt unusual for me at all at night but as I laid there I was thinking I just want to sleep..I slept most of the afternoon just waking to drink a little water and go back to sleep.I woke at 730 to feed the animals and check on them and started huffing and puffing like I couldnt breathe well .. then laid down and my heart settled down for a bit..I was feeling kind of yucky and well got up and took a shower.The whole time I was in the shower I kept thinking there must be something wrong with me to slept all day ..It gives you the creeps to do that .. and then nightfall comes and you are kind of lost..I have a good friend that was on the computer with me last night early in the evening and we were talking about all kinds of things which is odd since they only live three miles away..She is open and will tell me for sure what she thinks..She was drinking and kept telling me you arent sick there is nothing wrong with you except you need to get up and get out ....She then told me what is wrong with you?She said you werent like this when I met you..I told her I didnt know and I was trying hard to figure that out and to make it go away..That thought stuck with me all night.. she called and gave me a pep talk and told me hey you are fine you are just getting older and stuff..but still the thought that she had said I wasnt like that when she met me was bizarre..I havent known them even a year and realized yes I have changed..Anyway I got off the phone with them and then saw another friend that is a nurse that I was chatting with and she tells me from what she knows of my history and such she agrees 100 percent with the other nurse..Ok they know im not sick or say they know and I feel that im a fairly intelligent person that loves life.. So why do I always feel this way or that way ..It just makes me think im crazy and for me to sleep the day away just isnt like me at all.. Am I really sick and my body is trying to tell me that im sick and my mind is pretending its anxiety or am I fine like they seem to think and my mind is telling me im sick..I have been more depressed today since this than most anyday in a long time.I got out of the shower thinking about it and started to cry ..I saw things that reminded me of my grandchildren and well it made me sad..I thought about fishing plans that a friend of mine has made for us in the spring and wondered if i would be here to join him..I am so scared tonight .. I usualy dont feel like this and I am questioning myself so much as to why I feel this way ..this just isnt me..And as I said for me to sleep all day just isnt me..Could I really have some kind of artery condition or could I just be depressed or maybe just didnt sleep that well last night? Please help me. Tell me something to make me feel better..Could my body just be getting older and im noticing things that i used to not notice or could there be some horrible change going on that I am not aware of only the symptoms or could I just be frustrated with my life.. and depression is hitting me hard fast and heavy.? Please share with me your thoughts..Help please? Im scared.

looking4answers
02-04-07, 03:57
Could someone help me with this..please respond if you have any ideas.I am really worried and don't know what to do..

xBettyBoopx
02-04-07, 05:53
Hi Looking4answers
I read your post and I can tell ya what I think but I'm not a doctor, lol:blush:
I think your lonely, and you've got very afraid and with the fear comes depression and with the depression comes the can't be bothered to do anything so I'll sleep!! I am exactly the same. I reckon that the pain in the back of the neck was where you laid funny, but because you're so anxious, your mind automaticaly thinks that there's something bad. Crying is a good release for tension. You are the same person that these people say they knew, but you are going through a rough time and obviously you are not going to be as outgoing and 'free' as you used to be, for the time being anyway, so take no notice of that cause that's the least of your worries at the moment (what people think). Depression can make you feel very unwell, and when you're unwell, you just want to sleep, don't you? Ever had a bad bout of flu when it's even a struggle to get to the toilet? Try to look at it that way - " I have the influenza and I don't feel well, but it will pass and soon I will be feeling ok"
I can tell ya something that will really make ya laugh. I slept so long without waking up once, that I selpt through to the day after the following day!! Went to bed on Monday night and woke up Wednesday morning, so you are not so bad, lol:yesyes:
Yer mate you're getting older, we all are, so that can be taken into account as well. Sometimes people gradually see changes in themselves, but sometimes it can come up and hit you in the mouth:wacko: . Can you speak to the doctor again about it, maybe he can tell you what he thinks, you could be anemic (sp), so that's why your so tired. But I'm sure it's all nerves and depression. If you're scared because you're sleeping a lot, then next time you feel like going to sleep, get up splash your face with cold water and go outside for a little walk in the fresh air, it probably will wake you up:D
Take care, and I hope you feel better soon.
Love
Elspeth

groovygranny
02-04-07, 09:15
Hi there L4A !

Im my job I spend the best part of the day in front of a pc or laptop. Posture, and how close/far away you are from the screen is so important and you can cause strain in your neck, shoulders and/or eyes without realising it. Til you 'feel the pain' that is!

If you're spending long hours sat at a computer, maybe this could be the reason for your red eyes and stiff neck? I'm not saying it is, just that it could be a consideration.

I agree with Elspeth, dpression and aniety does change us - but worrying about what people think won't help the situation.

groovygranny
02-04-07, 09:44
Oops! sorry, didn't mean to just cut off like that! Pressed 'submit' instead of 'Preview Post' !!

Anyway L4A, I'm still learning how not to worry about what people think - sometimes I hack it, sometimes I don't.

You're never too old to be on a learning curve - GG's always on one or another.........I suppose the trick is to enjoy the ride:D!

I do hope you feel a lot better soon ok?

Take care:hugs: