PDA

View Full Version : Going mad..:(

Xango
19-10-16, 09:26
Hi Guys

Im having a bad time of late. I had a massive panic attack on Sunday night and since then I've been a nervous wreck..

I've got mild stomach ache, feels like I'm short of breath but not, pains that seem to move around my chest, and the shakes..It's getting me down now..

The worse is at night time, every time I get into bed I start getting palpitations..That last for like 30 seconds to a minute unless I sit up on the side of my bed. Im actually getting anxious to go to bed because of this..

Now I have done something stupid and looked online..so now I have heart disease, heart failure and this other random stuff I can't even spell..

Honestly feel so worried and scared right now :(

Xango

Gary A
19-10-16, 09:41
Hi Guys

Im having a bad time of late. I had a massive panic attack on Sunday night and since then I've been a nervous wreck..

I've got mild stomach ache, feels like I'm short of breath but not, pains that seem to move around my chest, and the shakes..It's getting me down now..

The worse is at night time, every time I get into bed I start getting palpitations..That last for like 30 seconds to a minute unless I sit up on the side of my bed. Im actually getting anxious to go to bed because of this..

Now I have done something stupid and looked online..so now I have heart disease, heart failure and this other random stuff I can't even spell..

Honestly feel so worried and scared right now :(

Xango

Every single one of your symptoms are classic physical symptoms of anxiety. The breathlessness and chest pain is most likely down to an irregular breathing pattern brought on by stress. The shakiness and palpitations are likely to be caused by higher levels of adrenaline, which the body naturally produces in times of high stress and anxiety.

Xango
19-10-16, 10:26
Thanks Gary. I know deep in my mind somewhere it's anxiety, but more often than not I can't convince my thinking to think the same..

Its like having cartoon angel and devil on your shoulder whispering in your ear :(

Lollymandy
19-10-16, 10:32
Dear Xango, dont worry about your palpitations, I get them a lot too. Have a look at You tube if you can and search for "York Cardiology" there is a fantastic Consultant Cardiologist from York Hospital who does so many reassuring videos, look at the playlist he has 24 videos on Palpitations alone, I have found them a great help.

Xango
19-10-16, 11:35
Those videos are brilliant, Thanks for pointing them out to me! :)