PDA

View Full Version : Rumination OCD and general anxiety

Loki1982
19-10-16, 12:21
Hi folks,

This is my first post. I got the blurb about introducing yourself so I thought I'd give it a go.

I've suffered with anxiety and OCD for over a decade.

My OCD is mainly rumination and mental checking. I haven't really got any physical compulsions. The obsessions seem to be never ending. Anything from intrusive sexual thoughts to health worries.

I've had numerous therapists over the years and I'm currently starting ACT therapy with my latest therapist.

I struggle a lot with my anxiety and worrying that I will never get better. It's not a very pleasant existence.

GA is such a pain because sometimes I'm in an awful anxious state and I have no idea why.

I was on medication for a long time but came off it about a year and a half ago as I didn't like how it made me feel. I hate the idea of taking pills every day. I know plenty of people have gotten better using meds but I would rather try to find another way of dealing with everything if possible. I can always go back to medication if it gets too much.

Anyway, I guess the reason I signed up was because I've decided to leave my job and go travelling. I'm petrified but also excited. It's something I've always wanted to do but I've been too afraid. I finally decided to just face my fears and do it. The thing is, I won't have any support while I'm away and I spotted this website on a travel blog so I thought I'd sign up.

I hope you're all doing well and I look forward to chatting with you.

Cheers

venusbluejeans
19-10-16, 12:30
Hiya Loki1982 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: