PDA

View Full Version : 2nd day of sertaline

bexy84
19-10-16, 15:18
Hi , I'm after abit of reassurance ... I'm on 2nd day of sertaline and I am suffering from pins and needles type tingling in my arms back and chest ... It starts as soon as I am at rest and especially when I try to sleep ... I'm confused as to if this is a symptom of my anxiety about the tablet in the first place or a side effect of the tablet !! Either way it feels terrible , I desperately want to carry on with the tablet but I'm starting to want to stop ' wanting words of encouragement or success stories xx

Sylver1975
19-10-16, 15:31
I've never been prescribed this medication so can't vouch for the side effects but I would say that 2nd day is VERY early so I'd hang in there and hopefully the side effects will pass. Everything we take has some kind of effect but generally they settle down with time. If you're still concerned in a few days then perhaps ask your GP if they're aware of pins & needles being a side effect and they may be able to put your mind at ease.

Take care,
Sylver.

bexy84
19-10-16, 16:00
I called the doctor and she says she isn't aware of this being a side effect from this drug xx she thinks it's the fact that I've worked myself up so much about having side effects xx

---------- Post added at 16:00 ---------- Previous post was at 15:53 ----------

I called the doctor and she says she isn't aware of this being a side effect from this drug xx she thinks it's the fact that I've worked myself up so much about having side effects xx

Shazamataz
19-10-16, 21:12
My experience is these meds can indeed give you tingly/buzzy feelings! They should ease when things settle down.