PDA

View Full Version : Off to the doctors for lump behind left leg

saf138
19-10-16, 15:31
Hi all
Just when I thought I was over the hill with my anxiety im presented with a mountain so for about a month I realised a painful lump behind my left thigh which I kinda brushed off thinking it will pass the pain went away but came back and I've noticed the lump has got a bit bigger so for the umpteenth time I'm off to the gp and to make matters worse I'm nursing a broken knuckle as well has having a very painful sciatic nerve compression from a slipped disc after a nasty fall.
Happy days :yesyes:

unsure_about_this
19-10-16, 18:38
If you are worried than you need to see a GP to see what the problem could be.

I know people say dont Google to look up symptoms because it will come back with possible Cancer or some other serious condition,

nhelen79
20-10-16, 00:47
Goodluck, saf138. I'm currently dealing with a lump on my shin too, and waiting for surgery. Biopsy didn't have enough cells but so far no bad news, and doctors weren't worried.

so far from my experience, you have to be your own health advocate and request investigation until your peace of mind. My thing has been bothering me for the past 1.5months.

saf138
20-10-16, 13:13
Thanks nhelen79
Went to see the doc and he had a good ol feel around and he mentioned that it could be a swollen lymph node (the lump is about 2-3 inches above the rear of the knee) and i was advised to keep an eye on it and if it hasn't gone down or if it gets any bigger in a few weeks to go back and he may consider an ultrasound. Always seems to be one thing after another oh well.

unsure_about_this
20-10-16, 13:36
Good advice from the GP at least he felt it. I would push for the ultrasound in a few weeks time if it not clear up, so it peace of mind for you but that my opinion,

saf138
20-10-16, 14:04
Good advice from the GP at least he felt it. I would push for the ultrasound in a few weeks time if it not clear up, so it peace of mind for you but that my opinion,

Thank you for the advice my friend I guess the worst part for anxiety sufferers is the waiting game. The main thing is to have patience and a positive attitude and we'll be fine in the end.