PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed, Pregnancy And Gad!!

samtheman
01-04-07, 12:27
My wife is due in less than 2 weeks, I suffer from GAD and to be honest I hate the thought of it, one of my happiest occasions is going to be a nightmare. Ever since I found out she was pregnant last year I have been totally dreading it.

Add to that I have 1 of my biggest fears to conquer in order to get to the hospital and that is a motorway, add to that I don't drive so I'll probably be driven up and down from the hospital by her mother which again will make me really anxious.

Any advice much appreciated as I know this is going to be my worst nightmare :-(

nomorepanic
01-04-07, 13:15
Sam

Why don't you spend the next couple of weeks preparing so it won't be so scarey when the day comes.

Get out each evening after all the rush hour traffic has gone and practise driving the route you need to go (assuming you have someone that can take you in their car??).

You may also find that because you HAVE to do this then you will be able to and it could be the push you need to help you get over the fears.

Sometimes we just have to do these things whether we like them or not and this could be one of those occasions. You may surprise yourself with how well you cope when you HAVE to.

Good luck.

samtheman
01-04-07, 13:28
Sam

Why don't you spend the next couple of weeks preparing so it won't be so scarey when the day comes.

Get out each evening after all the rush hour traffic has gone and practise driving the route you need to go (assuming you have someone that can take you in their car??).

You may also find that because you HAVE to do this then you will be able to and it could be the push you need to help you get over the fears.

Sometimes we just have to do these things whether we like them or not and this could be one of those occasions. You may surprise yourself with how well you cope when you HAVE to.

Good luck.

Thanks, I've done it before with our first child, But I feel my condition has got worse since then

kate
01-04-07, 13:59
I agree with Nic, keep practising the motorway!

I'm sure that once your wife is in labour this will take your mind off the driving somewhat!

Kate

samc100
02-04-07, 19:19
Just remember what you have to do... keep your wife entertained!
You will get to hospital fine and it will be the last journey as the 2 of you. So enjoy it.

And hopefully you and your wife will have an active labour so she is walking around with yoru support - having a bath with you massaging her shoulders, her breaking your fingers, mop her brow, tuck her hair behind her ears, massage her hands etc...