PDA

View Full Version : need someone to chat to

David_1
20-10-16, 02:56
feeling very anxious and depressed.Was hoping anyone around who would like to talk?

MyNameIsTerry
20-10-16, 05:17
Hi David,

Did you try the chat room just in case?

The nights can be lonely when you feel upset, I've heard plenty of people say that. There isn't much on TV and you are limited in what you can do, but please try to find something to get you through the night, something to distract you and draw your focus away from what must seem awful right now. Hopefully you be able to sleep.

mezzaninedoor
20-10-16, 11:04
The chat room isnt very active during the daytime but seems to get attendance in the evening if you try it.

People are very friendly.

RosieBelle
20-10-16, 11:12
Hi David
Sorry to hear that you're struggling. There's always the samaritans you can call if you need to talk to someone and there's also websites like 'elefriends' and '7cups' where you can talk to people who are going through the same thing.
How are you today? Sending :hugs:

David_1
28-10-16, 03:58
Thanks for all your kind messages. I've tried the chat room but it doesn't seem to work on an ipad and I have no laptop.
The only time I can get away from my anxiety/depression is when my body gives up and I sleep for a couple of hours.
I always think about dieing, even though I would never go through with it, I have a wife a 3 young children that love me.
I know i'm having a mental breakdown, I just can't seem to cope with lifes pressures and demands. I just have no idea how to turn this around

Colicab85
28-10-16, 13:44
So sorry that this is happening to you David.

Are you currently seeing a therapist?

David_1
29-10-16, 03:12
Hi Col,

Thanks for your reply, no I'm not seeing anyone yet. I went to my GP and she referred me and gave me some medication, she gave me Sertraline. Do you Col or anyone else know if this stuff is any good?
Can anyone on here try to answer a question for me, are there any triggers that set of your anxiety and depression?
My anxiety is quite severe at the moment, cant concentrate, cant sleep, no appetite,dry mouth,stomach in knots, emotional,feeling selfish, feeling trapped, lonely, angry,helpless,feeling useless,weak,exhausted,drained,no self worth, feeling Ive let my family down, no desire to do anything, feeling like a coward, unable to make decisions.
All these feelings going on and I have to get up each morning and put on a brave face for my children because I don't want them to see me upset this for me is the hardest part. I just want to pull the covers over my head and cry.

xBettyBoopx
29-10-16, 04:25
Hi David

I am sorry you're feeling so low :weep::weep:

I have never taken setraline so I can't comment on that. I hope you get your referrel through quickly, keep bugging the doctor if it takes a while, see if he can't get it going!

Sending you lots of :bighug1::bighug1::hugs::hugs:
xBettyx

David_1
29-10-16, 04:34
Thanks Betty,
How are you?

mezzaninedoor
02-11-16, 18:31
David, I hope that you have found the support you needed from somewhere.

Does anyone know if there are regular timed chats in the chat room for the purposes of people talking Mental Health & questions rather than just general chit chat.

I've found the chat room welcoming but its an iregular pastime on my part.

Elen
02-11-16, 18:39
Hi David

The chatroom should work on your ipad. If you are getting a specific error message do let us know and I am sure one of the tech savvy people will be able to help.

Mezzaninedoor the chat room tends to be led by the people present. Sometimes we discuss problems and a lot of the time is spent shooting the breeze, it all depends on what the people who are in want.

Questions and discussing problems is always encouraged though it has to be remembered that like the rest of the forum everyone is a sufferer and may not have the answers that are required. That being said between us we have had a wide range of experience of a variety of mental health issues.

Ojmit
02-11-16, 22:43
Hi David - I have messaged you with some stuff that has worked for me....I totally get it. It's terrifying and truly horrible but stay strong and het help.