PDA

View Full Version : Anemia

Lily777
20-10-16, 03:03
Hello all,
I was diagnosed with thalassemia minor when I was an infant, which is a type of mild anemia for those of you who are unfamiliar with the condition. The way it was diagnosed, according to my mom, was that I had low iron levels. So my doctor prescribed me iron pills; however, they were failing to bring my iron levels up. My doctor then tested me for thalassemia and this was how I was diagnosed. I've never worried about it before, but recently I learned that individuals with thalassemia do not have low iron levels typically. So now i'm concerned that my anemia and low iron levels are due to something else. It sounds crazy because i'm 21 now and have lived with it my whole life with no issues. I believe my current lymphoma obsession is making me connect my anemia being due to lymphoma or some other terrible cause. I'm not sure what posting this will do for me, but i feel really overwhelmed and worried, and hope that someone who has iron deficiency or thalassemia can give me some insight.
Thank you.

Super_Freaked
20-10-16, 03:48
I had Iron deficiency from a parasite from travelling south east asia, and also from not eating well.

It's very very unlikely you have anything like lymphoma really it is, your so young. Please don't connect one thing to the other like that, it really doesn't make sense, talk to your doctor and listen to them as you are only guessing.