PDA

View Full Version : night sweats???

alwaysanxious25
20-10-16, 10:30
Hi. I turn 18 next week. i have suffered from HA for many years but recently it has got much worse !!! i discovered this website googling my symptoms (which i know is the worst thing you can do lmao) :weep: anyway. About 6/7 months ago i noticed my glands in my neck on the left & right side of that bone that runs down the middle of your neck. They were about 1cm maybe slightly larger. no pain which i known is worrying but not THAT big and they are moveable and i'm thin so it's easier for me to feel them. I forgot about them after a few months and they have not increased in size since i first noticed them 7 months ago. last week i remembered them again randomly but they have not grown in size. I googled lymphoma symptoms and saw night sweats was a symptom i have had no night sweats until a couple of nights after i googled the symptoms. I feel like maybe i have just got these night sweats because i have been worrying about getting them? It wasn't too bad just a sweaty back and chest which woke me up. I was wearing a wool jumper and had my covers on and i was laying on top of a blanket too am i just paranoid???? Thanks

Beckybecks
20-10-16, 10:37
I think you can definitely say you were sweating because you were too hot.....
Stop googling. Your mind can give you all of the symptoms you read about

Mrschurchill
20-10-16, 10:38
Jeezo I'd be roasting wearing all that!

alwaysanxious25
20-10-16, 10:45
Hahaha it just made me very anxious. I pushed my blanket down further in the night and slept with my leg out the covers so maybe i was just too hot. Gahhhh

unsure_about_this
20-10-16, 12:18
Agree with the above users do not Google because 99.9% you will get result of a cancer we are not trained to read this stuff (I know I can talk because I Google on and off)

Yes you can sweat if you wear to much to sleep in

KeeKee
20-10-16, 15:00
I agree with others, sounds like you were just too hot. I understand your fear though, happened to me last winter. My blanket is 7.5 tog all year round so I shouldn't have been too warm but hasn't happened since so it must have been the heat.

Minivil
20-10-16, 15:21
I have lymphoma fears, as well. It really does sound like anxiety + what you were wearing. :)

Beachlady
21-10-16, 01:34
Night sweats from Lymphoma are unmistakable. You are DRENCHED, as if you took a shower--and that’s with sleeping naked with only a sheet. Many people have to changed their sheets several times a night. This I know as a former HL patient.

Captain irrational
21-10-16, 13:08
Night sweats from Lymphoma are unmistakable. You are DRENCHED, as if you took a shower--and that’s with sleeping naked with only a sheet. Many people have to changed their sheets several times a night. This I know as a former HL patient.

My dad had non-hodgkins lymphoma and his nightsweats were intense. Bed clothes soaked through, you would think he had jumped in a swimming pool, and he was extremely dehydrated in the mornings.

He had plenty of other classic symptoms too, extreme fatigue, massive weight loss and generally felt ill all the time. But being a stubborn old fool, he refused to see a doctor and ignored all the signs for almost half a year, and unfortunately he paid the ultimate price for his stubbornness. But that's a story for another day.