PDA

View Full Version : Blood in stool

Moondreams
20-10-16, 12:24
Having a bit of a torrid time at the moment, stressing about all sorts of things. I've had lower back pain for about 5 days now and intermittent twinges around my pelvis and where I get period cramps. I had a bowel movement 4 days ago that hurt a little and I expected maybe a bit of blood but as far as I could tell there was none. No BM for the next 2 days and then had one today. Again, the first part came easy and then the next part there was a sharp twinge like you sometimes get and I thought there might be blood. I was not wrong. There was a good amount of blood on the toilet paper and when I turned around the toiler bowel was mostly red and I could see blood streaked on part of the stool. As far as I could tell, it wasn't IN the stool per se and it was a red colour, not maroon or dark. I wouldn't necessarily say 'bright' red but the sort of red you'd see if you prick your finger. I'm told this is a good sign because it means it's not blood from further up the colon but it is still scaring me to death.

I've been to the bathroom again since to pee and wiped again just in case and there is still blood there. Again, it's still bright red but should that still be happening? Could it be hemorrhoids or an anal fissure? It's not staining my underwear or anything so I assume it's not free flowing. Maybe just like a cut that takes a while to heal?

I haven't had any appetite problems until now and I'm not sure if it's now just because of the stress of this that's making me nauseous. My back still hurts and I'm just so worried it's something serious.

Pepperpot
20-10-16, 17:08
It sounds like an internal pile, especially if you have felt a sharp twinge. I use anusol and it shrinks them back so they dont bleed x

MyNameIsTerry
21-10-16, 05:43
Yeah, roids are highly likely. You've had some bowel irregularity and roids often pop up when that happens whether it's constipation (so you strain) or loose stools (which are more acidic and irritate us).

Roids can stain your underwear, it always has mine off & on (spots), so even if you see that don't assume it's not roids.