PDA

View Full Version : Side effects because we think we will get them

bexy84
20-10-16, 12:52
Does anyone think we almost convince ourselves we are going to get side effects off medication to the point where the anxiety is high tend that much it is thought of as a side effect ??

Sam Winter
20-10-16, 13:36
I believe that yeah, i haven't taken one of my birth controls yet and probably never will thanks to the fear of possibly having a bloodclot or allergic reaction, and i bet if i took one i'd convince myself that my throat was closing x

KeeKee
20-10-16, 13:55
Yes I do and Sam Winter that is one of the reasons I would never, ever take BC pills. I'd be so convinced I had a blood clot I'd end up going to A&E.

A while ago I was convinced I was suffering a reaction to a medication, I can't remember what it was I think it was Lymecycline. I have had a pretty scary reaction in the past to Penicillin (not life threatening but allover hives, swollen lips and face etc) and think that's why I hate taking medication.

Sam Winter
20-10-16, 15:08
Glad I'm not only the one Keke haha, I got given them because of my unbearably painful period cramps but seeing as I've never been allergic to anything before I just think I'm going to be allergic to that and die! lol I might try that weed stuff that's for period cramps instead x

usagi_x
20-10-16, 16:52
weed stuff?! haha

Pepperpot
20-10-16, 17:17
The minipill doesnt cause blood clots

Sam Winter
20-10-16, 17:24
weed stuff?! haha
There's a new type of pill, oil and other forms ect, that are designed for period pains it uses a little bit of weed but it works really well haha

Shazamataz
20-10-16, 20:58
I do think we can 'psych' ourselves into the side effects. Most of the side effects of our meds are similar to what can happen with anxiety anyway so it's hard to tell what's what.

MyNameIsTerry
20-10-16, 22:54
There's a new type of pill, oil and other forms ect, that are designed for period pains it uses a little bit of weed but it works really well haha

People use it for anxiety too. :winks:

The % of what causes the effects of weed are so low as to make them legal. Basically the dealers cultivated higher %'s of that ingredient at the cost of the part that can be used for health. Companies have simply flipped it the other way.

MyNameIsTerry
21-10-16, 05:55
From my own experience of side effects, I agree you can increase your anxiety and make things happen. But some things really stand out beyond our anxiety, like the adrenaline rushes my med gave me. They were very strong and ramped my anxiety up many times above what I had ever experienced. So, I think it's a bit of both, sometimes you can't mistake the med for your own anxiety.