PDA

View Full Version : wind blowing sound in ears

lorraine
20-10-16, 12:53
hi

posted a couple of week ago about this. Been on holiday in july Africa then a couple of little flights in between. ears were blocked and I was dizzy after the plane ride there that all cleared up after about 10 days. When I came home after a couple of week got a sinis infection had antibiotic my ears where blocked and had a wind noise in them. After finish course of tablets all sinus cleared up but the wind sound is still there more so in left ear and that still has pressure in it. sometimes on the right ear but the sound is not so bad and nor is the pressure feeling. I looked it all up on goggle and it said that in some cases wind sound could be a sign of a tumor. I'm terrified ive been back to my doctor and he said that my ears are fine and that it is to do with the euthian tube sorry about spelling its blocked. Can they see that when they examin your ears he said that it would take time to get back to normal its been agrivaited. please anyone had anything similar.

lorraine

SLA
20-10-16, 13:00
Eustachian Tube Dysfunction

How are they treated?
Blocked eustachian tubes often get better on their own. You may be able to open the blocked tubes with a simple exercise. Close your mouth, hold your nose, and gently blow as if you are blowing your nose. Yawning and chewing gum also may help. You may hear or feel a "pop" when the tubes open to make the pressure equal between the inside and outside of your ears.

Nothing to stress over, but obviously an annoyance.

There are some other remedies on the internet, but having never had it, I cannot recommend any.

lorraine
20-10-16, 13:07
hi

thanks for your reply. Can a doctor see the tube is blocked?

lorraine

lotusblossom
20-10-16, 23:26
I have hissing and doc couldn't get instrument inside my ear she had to use a very thin nozzle and it was painful I waswondering if it was something to do with my eustation tube but she didn't say shes referred me to ear nose and throat at local hospital but theres a definite difference in my ears

---------- Post added at 23:26 ---------- Previous post was at 23:22 ----------

I have done the blowing nose with mouth shut and holding nostrils and even had my partner drive me to a very high location and felt ears pop but it didn't work I still have it